Author Topic: What the FS Wiki is not...  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
What the FS Wiki is not...
It might help if we consider what Wikipedia is not when we're discussing this.  Most things are fine to put in the FS Wiki, but I have issues with the following page:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Story_of_Freespace

What's the deal here?  The FS Wiki is not the place to put your own blog or story, IMO.  I think this page should be deleted and its contents moved to the Hard Light Art forum.

Offline Shade

Re: What the FS Wiki is not...
I would agree with that. It's pure fanfic, exactly what the Art forum is intended for.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I had intended to nuke that page myself.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Shade

I put a note in the talk page for that article, suggesting he move the contents to the Art forum or, if he must use the wiki, use his personal page since that's his alone. Should give him a while to act on that, and then get rid of this page. Doesn't seem to be linked to from anywhere (and I'll keep an eye out to make sure it stays that way), so should be safe for you to nuke it once the time comes.

[Edit] Since we're on the topic of deleting anyway, then, when it's convenient, could you also nuke these two images:
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Image:Reduce-radar.JPG
http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Image:End-reduced-radar.JPG
I used them in an article for a short while but then it turned out I needed a composite image to make the layout fit, so they're redundant. And I don't have the priviledges to delete them myself.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:32:59 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You know, Shade, I just looked through your user contributions page and you've got a ton of changes.  And they're pretty good ones, too.  Congratulations, you are now a sysop. :)

Offline Shade

Muahahahaaa! Finally, my secret master plan can commence! **scampers off and turns the Wiki into an adult nightclub**

Erm, back to reality: That's a bit of a surprise, but many thanks :) Will be nice to be able to correct my own mistakes rather than having to advertise loudly and clearly to the whole world that, yup, I made a mistake, and would someone else please fix it for me :p