Author Topic: Need some images, firewall related  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Shade

Need some images, firewall related
For an article I'm writing, I need images (preferably with no editing except for culling or removal of sensitive info, I'll add captions myself if needed) of all the screens and dialogue boxes a user must navigate through/enter stuff in when setting up a firewall exception for port 7808, both TCP and UDP.

At a minimum, I would like to have this for both the XP firewall and ZoneAlarm as I suspect those are the most prevalent, but I wouldn't mind getting them for other firewalls as well - I'll include as many as I can. English editions are a must, of course, or I'd do it myself. If anyone is willing to go to the trouble, I also wouldn't mind getting images of port forwarding on a router, though this is much less of a priority.

As you can probably guess, it's an article on forwarding ports for FS multiplayer. With the amount of people who have had trouble with this, even when being guided through it over IRC, I'm biting the bullet and making an illustrated step by step guide that will hopefully include several of the most common firewalls.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 03:48:32 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Shade

Re: Need some images, firewall related
Still need them. Don't make me beg :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
How about you download a few firewalls and show us what you mean? :rolleyes:
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Shade

What is unclear about it?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to be doing a reinstall on my PC in a little bit anyway, When I do I'll try to remember to take some pictures.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]