Author Topic: Hacked data files?  (Read 2793 times)

I tried to do some LAN play yesterday, and apparantly I have hacked data files?  I've only used my pilot for the FS2 campaign, so there shouldn't be any corruption there.  I even tried making another, new, pilot, but it said that one has hacked data files as well. 

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Open launcher, go to mod tab, hit "No Mod".
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

You mean that's it?  I thought that might be it, but it's just mediaVPs so I figured it wouldn't matter... bah, ah well, at least it's an easy fix

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Anything other than the retail FS2 tables (And FS2 v1.20 at that) is considered hacked data. 3.6.10 will sort that out somewhat.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Rauko

Well this isn't fixing the problem for me.
I even tried making sure to have all the features unchecked. Still tells me hacked tables file.

Any additional issues that could be causing this?
I just recently reinstalled my retail FS2 and then used Turey's downloader to get the mediavps stuff and the launcher (got OpenAl from the forum link).

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
First it your playing on a LAN you can simply hit F2, go to the multi tab, and uncheck PXO.  You don't connect to FS2netD so there is no table check at all.  The stats don't save but the game will run faster.  Just remember to turn it back on to play online.

Now for the actual cause of the problem.  Can you post the contents of your FS2 directory and your \data\tables directory?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Rauko

I was getting on the FS2NET when I discovered the problem, so I needed PXO.

Should there be something in my tables folder....cause there isn't...

I'll get those screenshots put together

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Empty tables folder is perfect.  You don't need to have PXO turned on to play on a LAN.   It doesn't really hurt to have it turned on I was just making the point that a LAN doesn't need it except for stat saving.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Rauko

Theres my main folder.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
A table is a file that shows the stats of ships, weapons and other stuff. The only tables considered legal for multi are the original ones, contained in the .VPs. If you have a mod selected, it may use different tables, and thus conflict with the originals and cause this error. Also if you have added custom ships.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Seem to be missing warble_fs2.vp but that is just music.  Not sure if that would cause it or if it's even used anymore.    Maybe someone else can shed some light on that or you can try running the installer again to see if it downloads it. 

What version of FS2_Open were you running?  Positive you had no mod selected in the launcher?  I'm running out of ideas. 

Offline Rauko

As I said higher up, I selected no mod. And I just installed the retail this morning and haven't added anything to the game except independent mod folders.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Run the debug build. Post the FS2_Open log you'll find in your data folder. Post tvalid.cfg as well while you're at it as that will tell us exactly which table is the problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]