Author Topic: Site won't load on wired LAN, but will on WLAN  (Read 1795 times)

Site won't load on wired LAN, but will on WLAN
I have no idea why, but I can't get any page on this website to load when I'm connected via wired LAN, but I have no problems at all when using wireless.  This is just bizarre, I've never had a problem like this and don't even know where to start.

The network/internet is provided by my university, so I'm somewhat limited in my control over settings and whatnot, but we can still try.

Offline Windrunner

• The Hammer.
Re: Site won't load on wired LAN, but will on WLAN
Have you tried typing in the ip-adress directly in to your webbrowser? Beacuse sometime the DNS traversal isn't all that great on a wired LAN.
Staffmember: Hard Light Productions
I said a lot of things.  Some of them were even true. - Aldo_14

I just went to try that, but I guess it just feels like working today, because it gave me any grief at all. 

FWIW, here's what I got when I pinged you guys (I didn't know how else to get your IP for the address bar, is there a simpler way?)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
nslookup www.hard-light.net

EDIT:  Do other sites load fine using Wired LAN?

Yeah, this is the only one that refused to load on wired, but it could easily have been some weird problem on our network.  I really don't know what the deal is, since it's working just fine today as well, but I'll let you know if it happens again.