Author Topic: Requesting Squadron Listings  (Read 2648 times)

Requesting Squadron Listings
it would be awsome if there could be a sticky on this forum that had the list of everyones squadron and info about them and a link to a recruitment thread.

lets make squads worth something

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: Requesting Squadron Listings
A sticky and a separate page, something like the interview center. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Shade

Also, while you're at it, make sure to make a page for your squadron in the Wiki and add it to the "Multiplayer Squadrons" category (just add [[Category:Multiplayer Squadrons]] at the bottom of the page and it happens automatically), as it'll then be only two clicks away from the main MP page :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
To be honest, there isn't much point of having organized squads these days. Squadwar is long gone and the number of active players right now will only fill two or three squads at the most.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Two or three squads...that's a lot!

And keep in mind that someone(like me)will join the club in the future. I need a fast connection(ETA is less than 3 months) :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

Offline Shade

Not quite how to do it, but Wanderer already fixed it up for you :) The main thing is getting the info there as only the people with squadrons can do that. Then someone with more experience can fix it if needed, as in this case. For future reference though, here's the proper way to do it:

1) Type the squadron name in the search box and hit "Go".
2) On the page it takes you to, which doesn't exist, there's a line saying "There is no page titled <search term>. You can create this page.". The "create this page" part is a link, so click that.
3) This brings you to an edit window, which is where you make the page for your squadron. Use the "Preview" function get the look right if you're not sure of what you're doing.
4) When it looks right, add the line [[Category:Multiplayer Squadrons]] at the very end of the page, and a link to your squadron page will automatically show up in the MP squadrons category.
5) Save the page.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.