Author Topic: about the freespace 1 endgame cutscene  (Read 1971 times)

about the freespace 1 endgame cutscene
is it just me, or does only PART of the lucifer make it out of subspace? maybe its aft end is causing a clog the was the real reason the stinkin gtva couldn't go back.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: about the freespace 1 endgame cutscene
One end of the Lucifer makes it out and the rest detonates inside subspace closing the node. It is the same as when the GTVA detonated the Bastion.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

is it just me, or does only PART of the lucifer make it out of subspace? maybe its aft end is causing a clog the was the real reason the stinkin gtva couldn't go back.

Not plausible. More than one ship can enter an inter-system jump corridor at once, so even if the Lucy's aft end was "stuck" in the Earth end of it, a ship would still be able to enter from the Delta Serpentis side... and then they could blow it up and everything would be happy.

Furthermore, if that was the case the jump node would still... be there. In FS2, the jump corridor (from both ends) is completely undetectable because... it's gone.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

oh
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

If you remember the command briefing room animations detailing the planned collapses of the jump nodes to Capella, you'd see that a detonation in transit between systems destablizes the subspace tunnel, rippling through the corridor until the link breaks.

Offline wdarkk

My question about the endgame cutscene is how the heck he "knows" why the shivans are doing all that stuff.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Why shouldn't he?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
My question about the endgame cutscene is how the heck he "knows" why the shivans are doing all that stuff.
Its the narrator...the narrator knows all :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline MercFox1

• DIVE DIVE DIVE
    • Shacknews
It's fairly obvious about most of the stuff; he KNEW the Shivan's had a weird thing with subspace and that they weren't in any way, shape, or form like the Vasudans or Terrans, at the time.

The circumventing of the PVN and GTA blockades to Vasuda Prime, their conquest of individual jump nodes rather than any territory or resource, their appearance only after subspace and the 14 year war with the Vasudans, not to mention the Ancient artifacts the guys in Altair probably found. Factor in that GTA command boarded a Shivan transport, probably bagged a couple in the process (after that first group got raped), and have studied Shivan technology up close and personally...

It was enough to make a Hades-class destroyer mostly from Shivan technology in ST. Which is a lot more than you need to make a few statements.
Steam_ID: MercFox1