Author Topic: Missing Graphics and Letters  (Read 2761 times)

Missing Graphics and Letters
First, sorry for the bad English, but i try it  :D
I am playing now the wonderful SCP and already tested WCS and TBP(Can't wait until i can play WCS in full lenght :D)
. Everything is working fine except the missing Triangles which mark activated weapons and some numbers are missing in the distance indicator. I hope i am comprehensible, greetz from GER   ;)

Ah, I use OpenGL and i have tryied "Fix font distortion" without any result, same in d3d...

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Re: Missing Graphics and Letters
In the Registry, change the language from German to English.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Hi Guys, i am back here again  :D I am often viewing your Forum and your site, and look for everything new. Even as a Wing Commander Fan, especially 3 and 4... and this Game has real Wing Commander Feeling  :yes:
Your advise did work, but i am not really comfortable with it, cause switching the language changes my Keyboard layout (QUERTZ not QUERTY), so FSO is doing things it shouldn't do or is doing nothing, just because i don't hit the right key. Is support for other languages planned? It would be nice and helpful even for other German/European Players... :nod:
Another question, are some germans or German speaking people here? After reading more than an hour my head smokes...however might be a good way to get a good English(nice Spell Check).
And the next question, is anyone using a freeware 3D modeller instead of 3max? If yes, which one? Or is someone knowing a prog which is suitable to get start in 3D modelling with a usuable result of course.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Which TC are you having the problem with? Or is this with FS2 also? If so where did you get FS2 from? And if you have the German version of FS2 I might actually need a favour in return. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I downloaded the complete FSO from this site with the with the Installer(version 3.6.9.). I have this problem with every Mod. And yes, i have the German Version too, but it is not installed. What can I do for you?

Ah, and my actual System:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
4GB Corsair DDR2-667
Asus P-5b Deluxe Mainboard
GeForce 7600GT
Windows XP Pro X64
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 12:28:51 pm by HurryCan3 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
With FSO the problem is easy to fix. Install the German version from the CDs, patch it to version 1.2 (the retail installer should allow you to do that) and then copy any files you have in your FSO folder but not in the new install into the German FS2 folder (except for launcher6.ini). Change your registry back to German. Run launcher.exe and set up things correctly again.

That should allow you to play FSO in German.

As for what I want, if it's not a problem and you can upload it I'd kinda like your copy of root_fs2.vp from the German version. I keep hearing conflicting stories about it being different from the English version and I'd like to settle that once and for all. Can you please copy the file straight after installing it before you patch it. I wouldn't mind a copy after you patched it either. Again that's only if you can easily handle getting the files for me. Don't worry if you can't.

When i install it again i can send you the files. ICQ 203-840-471. And it is no Problem. And the next question is, how can i handle the problem with Standalone Mods like WCS?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 01:47:24 pm by HurryCan3 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's actually the main reason I want that file. If FSO works then the files in the retail German version should be just what I need to fix WCS, TBP and BtRL.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
If you need a host, perhaps http://rapidshare.com or http://www.mediafire.com , both are good.  I suppose, you could just install German FS2 into a different directory, copy the root vp, patch it, copy that root vp to a different location.  The only problem then is that IIRC to play FS2_Open, you need to set your registry to English.  Start > Run, regedit , go to HKLM\Software\Volition\FreeSpace2 .. at least until kara fixes it.

Oh, and for a file compression util, (if you want or need to compress the two root.vp files) you can try www.7-zip.org if you want.  It has a German version.. Tools > Options > Language (from there you can also associate with files and add shell extension support).

For maximum compression using 7-zip, you can set

Compression level : Ultra
Compression Method: LZMA
Dictionary size: 128 MB
Word size: 273

... this will result in excellent compression, however the compressing time is a bit long.  But I usually don't mind that.

If you are giving a file to someone who doesn't have 7-zip, you can also click to "Create SFX Archive" if they are running Windows.

Anyways, hope some of that helped, if not, then I guess just ignore it. ;)

It is just 6 MB big, if the internet connection of the other person :D isn't slowed down, it is fast sended over icq or another messenger.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
In the meantime HurryCan3

:welcome:

:D

Glad that you have discovered this site, there are a few German speaking forum members here. I do believe there is a German mod going on on a forum near you somewhere! I'll have a look around this site and see if I can find some links for you!  :yes:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well I have the file and both Strings and TStrings tables were identical to the V1.2 English versions.

So I'm a little confused as to the source of the problem now. I think I might have to try looking into this one a bit myself.