Author Topic: Star Wars: Galaxies, does anyone play it?  (Read 1249 times)

Star Wars: Galaxies, does anyone play it?
just wondering, for anyone who does, me and my mate, cha-stona (his chars name) are starting a guild (dont worry, he'll be in charge.  :p ) Its rebel only, and named (FREESPACE!) RASOC. any guesses on what it stands for?

anyways, we need people to get it up and running, traders would be excellent. btw, its on chilistra server. contact cha-stona in-game for details, as my characters name is an indechipherable Wookie name, and i keep having trouble remembering how its spelled.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Jeryko

Re: Star Wars: Galaxies, does anyone play it?
played up until nge hit, quit with more than half the rest of the players
JBX-Phoenix

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
tried it but quit after awhile, then I play EVE for about a year and after that a very short time i playd WOW.

Off all the games EVE was definetly the best if nothing else the graphics are lightyears ahead of the others

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You are kidding, right?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Oh dear god i've heard it sucks hard.

Me, not wanting to pay even more for a game I ****ing bought with my own money, don't really play MMOs.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
If I could rate Galaxies, I'd give it about a 66%. The graphics looked halfways decent, but the game (SOE version) was unstable on my PC, coiuldn't go more than 3 minutes without crashing. Got as far as Boba Fett, tried to talk to him, crash. Then I gave up.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

the trick is to turn the GAMES sound off, and turn down the graphics to 50%. and true, it DOES have a tendency to suck (SOMETIMES!), but its lots of fun too. and all the upgrades are slowly moving it towards a resemblence of alot of the Pre-NGE. btw, did i mention theres piloting?

(PLZ! WE NEED MEMBER TO GET THE GUILD UNDERWAY!)
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Pre-NGE? :wtf:

Also, you realize that almost no one plays it anymore. Too expensive. I'm lucky I got a City of Heroes account.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta