Author Topic: Reminicing about Alpha Centauri  (Read 3855 times)

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: Reminicing about Alpha Centauri
Oh, and hi.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

As for the game, I rememeber playing the demo of that.  The build-your-own units feature was nice, but overall I found it slightly less fun than Civ.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: Reminicing about Alpha Centauri
Something I've always wondered is how big of a difference does armor really make (other than with cost)?

Defensively, all the difference in the world. It's nice to be able to use the same unit to hold what you've taken, although in my experience generally you don't get continous fronts or much in the way of combat outside of the area of a base when the AI's running things. The engine's not advanced enough I suppose. (I haven't seen a continous front used by the AI in any of the Civ games either, but at least in Civ 3/Civ 4 you get something like it, i.e. you and they would both end up feeding units into a general area and most of the battles occurred there.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story