Author Topic: FreeSpace 2 SCP vs. Vista 64-Bit Edition (and the winner is...)  (Read 1732 times)

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
FreeSpace 2 SCP vs. Vista 64-Bit Edition (and the winner is...)
Yesterday I installed Windows Vista Ulitimate 64-bit edition to my PC (my system now triple boots, I can choose to boot to Windows XP 32-bit, Vista 32-bit and now Vista 64-bit ;)) and decided to test some games. Among those tested was FreeSpace 2 SCP and guess what, FS2SCP ran flawlessly! NICE! No special tweaking or anything, it just ran!

So I'll repeat that:

FREESPACE 2 SCP RUNS IN VISTA 64-BIT EDITION!

Looks like FreeSpace 2 SCP will go on for quite some time :D

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: FreeSpace 2 SCP vs. Vista 64-Bit Edition (and the winner is...)
I thought that SCP didn't work on 64-bit?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
hip, perhaps you'll need to repeat that a third time... ?  :lol:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
It obviously works, it's just that many people have been having errors with 64-bit. I think that those were attributed to bad driver support, though.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.