Author Topic: Combining great WC Mods  (Read 2970 times)

Offline TCS-Concordia

• So uh, you like cloth?
    • Atomik Power: It could of been cool!
Combining great WC Mods
This is, of course a crazy idea, but since there is such a strong community behind Wing Commander, even after all these years, why not include some tie-ins to current mods. Perhaps since Standoff is and Saga are about the same time period, have a ship or a character or two, float between them. It wouldn't all in all be too difficult and would add massive amounts of depth to both games, as well as the universe as a whole. Its just a suggestion of course,  I look forward to seeing this thread develop.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 03:50:01 am by TCS-Concordia »
TCS-Concordia
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stewart Mill

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Combinging great WC Mods
There are plans for that. It will depends if we have time to create wc3 version of some of the ships featured in Standoff.

I can assure you though: a few characters from the original WC games have made it into Saga. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline TCS-Concordia

• So uh, you like cloth?
Re: Combining great WC Mods
Oh absolutely. It is cool to include the cannon WC characters, I was though mostly referring to the actual pilots, officers, and crew from the fan created work. That way Blair isn't the only guy that gets around. It would be cool though while playing to sit there and be like, "Man I remember that guy in Unknown Enemy."
TCS-Concordia
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stewart Mill

Offline Wolfy

thing is, for fan created work, theyd need to get permission from the person who originally came up with it, otherwise it would be classed as Plagerism/stealing
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline TCS-Concordia

• So uh, you like cloth?
thing is, for fan created work, theyd need to get permission from the person who originally came up with it, otherwise it would be classed as Plagerism/stealing

Of course, with the way the WC community works togeather, this is based off that. It would just be cool as these fan made productions continue to say, make them connected, part of an arc of some type.. But I suppose they are, you know, the war and all.
TCS-Concordia

Offline KeldorKatarn

Saga is at war with nobody.

Btw.. mentioning game characters we don't necessarily mean Blair =) There were more people in WC than Blair you know ;)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
No he meant that the story of our project is about the war ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"