Author Topic: Did anyone beat the drums of war 1 campaign?  (Read 2357 times)

Did anyone beat the drums of war 1 campaign?
Im stuck on the blockading the gate mission, i think its like the second mission into the campaign, basically you scan the lucky bird freighter and then nothing else happens.  I even time compressed it for over 3hrs and nothing happens, im inclined to believe something isn't right with the mission? Anyone?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Did anyone beat the drums of war 1 campaign?
you have to return to the cruiser to trigger the next event  (-> "Return to formation" or something like that is said)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

i tried that, i got bored and started firing on the cruiser. ill try it again though. After i scan the ship, i get no more audio communications or any kind of orders.

Alright played it again, same thing, nothing.  I scan the ship and thats the only directive, and i don't hear a peep after that, its like do as you want, no orders, nothing! I hope the game isn't stuck on this mission because i want to play the other missions.  What would cause the mission to not advance to the next event?

Offline Vidmaster

maybe you dont finish the scan. a short message should appear over your central hud, displaying information.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

NAh i finished the scan, 142 people on board, bla bla. and after that nothing else happens.  Whats supposed to happen?

Offline maje

After the scan, you're supposed to receive orders to look for a pair of Centauri fighters scouting out the area.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Yeah i don't receive any orders after the scan, i wonder what would cause that bug???? Anyway to fix it? Its weird to have a bug like that doesn't crash the game or anything but just forgets to do something?  Anyway around this problem?

Offline Vidmaster

first of all, tell orph.

yeah i pmed him and im awaiting a reply.

By any chance did you tell the whitestar on patrol to stay with you or anything? I did that once and the mission jammed after the scan. In order for the centari fighter scouts to show up you have to return to formation after the scan and the whitestar has to make the jump out.

Offline Vidmaster

if you really can order the whitestar around, it is very likely that orph forgot to make that impossible.

By any chance did you tell the whitestar on patrol to stay with you or anything? I did that once and the mission jammed after the scan. In order for the centari fighter scouts to show up you have to return to formation after the scan and the whitestar has to make the jump out.

You are the MAN! yup, i ordered it around both times. I let it do whatever this time and the mission went forward! thanks!  I knew it had to be something retarded.