Author Topic: From sketchbook... again  (Read 5941 times)

Offline nobbit

From sketchbook... again
Hello friends!
After Tempest told me, my models have too many polys i retry again the cargo ferry. Now with more details and i hope with an acceptable polycount. But for me it was not enough. I like to have more variants of on type of ship. So i have also modelled an heavyer "pirate" variant of this ship ;7. Hope you like both!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Re: From sketchbook... again
Pretty impressive.  But what about its cargo?  :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Is this the transport that is seen taking off after the Storm Troopers land beside the escape capsule from the Corellian Corvette in ANH?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
To my knowledge it was created for TIE Fighter, and has never been in the movies.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline nobbit

@ Chief: The Cargo??? I think it lost it ;)... No, my thought was to model it stand alone without docked containers. So it's able to transport different things in different missions - or fly without cargo (I like the shape without anything :)). The pirate-version is fewer used as an transport. It`s more a small assault ship masked as an harmless craft to capture other vessels.

@ jr2: No it isn't. What do you mean is the Sentinel-class landing craft. Watch out: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel-class_landing_craft
The cargo ferry is ummm... the cargo ferry: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cargo_ferry

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I don't mean it should be modeled carrying cargo, I mean there should be a model of a container to go along with it.  Also, I think the Sentinel was only in the remakes.  There was no landing craft in the original I think.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Correct, the Sentinel was added for the special editions.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

I hear (from the same book in that excerpt on filmthreat link on my siggy) that the originals were pretty good, and you gotta admit that lukes scream in Empire SE is even more fake then the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*gurgle* in JAS
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I'm not entirely sure what it is that you just said...
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I think I got it.  You see, he's 12, so he's probably never seen the originals, just the SE (Shoddy Edition) remakes.  To him, the originals are just the stuff of lore.  And yes, they are good, especially since Han shoots first.  The last half of his sentence is just him saying that Luke sounds like a puss in ESB SE.  Which is probably the same sound actually, I didn't think they changed it from the original ESB.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Thanks for translating for me chief.  These kids these days, they just assume you know what they're talking about.

i.e.: 

I Say: "I really prefer the blue colouring of the TIE over the grey"
They say: "It rocked, he was pissed at that"

However, in his head it was: "(The discussion of colouring reminds me of the asteroid scene in ESB, where they were chasing the falcon just before cloud city when Luke had his hand cut off.) It (That scene in ESB) rocked, He (Luke) was pissed at that (His hand being cut off)"

I think its a problem with going from whats in their head and actually vocalizing the thought process.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I think its a problem with going from whats in their head and actually vocalizing the thought process.

They don't read enough books.  ;)

EDIT: Oh, and what's wrong with Solo shooting first?  If you are holding a gun on someone, and they are going to be possibly killed by the person you are attempting to bring them to, then I'd expect it.  I'm just surprised Greedo was so lax.  Perhaps he had a fit of ye olde evile dude monologuing syndrome.  (Stole that idea from The Incredibles.)

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
This thread just made me feel a little less old and gnarly.  :lol:
':wheeze: Yeh dern kids and yer half-constructed :wheeze: sentences that only make sense ta :wheeze: telepaths and yerselves!  Get offa mah com-pyoo-tar!'

OT: Those Ferries look great.  I loved smoking the poor, defenseless things in a TIE Defender.
But... now I'll have to worry about them shooting back...

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
the model is nice, but i can't say i like the rest of the design
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Wow, nice models. [starwars afficionado]I'm impressed, I even have the Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels and I didn't reconigze the ship[/starwars afficionado]...

EDIT: Though, unfortunately I haven't played much of TIE v X-Wing, which would 'splain why I didn't know that...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
jr2, nothing's _wrong_ with Solo shooting first.  If you'll read that carefully, I was in favor of that.  I hate that Greedo shoots first in the new ones.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
If you'll read that carefully, I was in favor of that.

If you'll read that carefully with your telepathic abilities, I was just asking what Lucas' justification for that is... it's stupid.  Greedo wouldn't miss.  :p

jr2, nothing's _wrong_ with Solo shooting first.  If you'll read that carefully, I was in favor of that.  I hate that Greedo shoots first in the new ones.

Everything's wrong with the new ones.... Even the fact that they're on DVD...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You would prefer they were on Beta?

No, its just that the SFX were designed for that media and should stay on that media. It doesn't belong on DVD, and they shouldn't update the SFX just because they can. They already did a fairly poor job on the newer three episodes, the only thing Lucas should do is finish the saga with VII, VIII, and IX. And those should be the Thrawn trilogy.... even though Lucas hasn't read it.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-