Author Topic: Is this a bug with FRED Open  (Read 1055 times)

Offline adm-frb

Is this a bug with FRED Open
Can anyone help me with this?

I've been getting to grips with FRED Open and I have to agree it is better than the retail versions of FRED. However, it will not let me save in any format. ie Fred Open or FRED 2.

:( :confused: Instead, it gives me this error message.

Error: Failed attempting to reload mission after saving.  Report this bug now!
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\fred2\FREDDoc.cpp
Line: 568
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a bug? If so, how can it be solved?

adm-frb.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Is this a bug with FRED Open
If you're getting this it is actually saving the mission. As the error says it's having trouble reloading the mission it just saved for some reason.

Try making a test mission and saving it to Freespace2\Data\Missions. If you get the same error check that folder and see if the mission has appeared in that folder. If it has, post it here.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline adm-frb

If you're getting this it is actually saving the mission. As the error says it's having trouble reloading the mission it just saved for some reason.

Try making a test mission and saving it to Freespace2\Data\Missions. If you get the same error check that folder and see if the mission has appeared in that folder. If it has, post it here.

Thanks!

That worked, although it's damn inconvient having to save to that location. Would be nice to be able to save elsewhere as well.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Where do you want to save it? Unless you're running FS2_Open with a mod selected that's where it's going to look. And if you are then you can use -mod with FRED too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]