Author Topic: A little help with the online installer  (Read 1158 times)

A little help with the online installer
Hey guys - OS X user here. I can't seem to get the installer to work on my macintosh. After selecting a path for the files the .jar program takes me to a blank java window and a grayed out "Next Button." It also creates "Installer" and "Temp" folders in the directory I chose but stops there. I am using the latest version of Java available from apple's website. Please help me if you know what my problem might be.

Re: A little help with the online installer
I have this problem also, whether running the EXE or JAR versions of the installer (Vista 32 bit, JRE 1.6.0)

Stops at this and never gets any further.

Hope I'm not doing anything stupid...

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
@nicotineman::welcomegreen:
@hellbindi::welcomegreen:

You  might need to wait a bit before closing.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Thanks for the welcome.

I left it on all night. I also attempted it with my windows machine and had no success. It looks like the files hosted might be down.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 12:59:44 pm by Helbindi »

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Fixed.

P.S. Soulstorm, if you read this, fix your text file. I had to take the osx launcher out because of it.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.