Author Topic: Animation & Subsystem Proposal  (Read 2824 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Animation & Subsystem Proposal
I was reading TrashMan's thread about internal fighterbays and doors, and how he was willing to do it for some of his mods like the Galaxy carrier. However, I was thinking: Would anyone be willing to do this for every HTL ship in FreeSpace with a fighterbay? It would really add a lot of eyecandy and times for cool moments, but I'm guessing it would take a rapeload of work, and I can't do it because I can't model anything other than a box.

I was also thinking of making some of the subsystems on a few of the capital ships destroyable subsystems which can be blown up. That would be the big thing and would take even more work than the above proposal, and I guess would be more of a stretch. The HTL Hecate (by Raven2k+1 if I'm not mistaken) is a great example, and many of the subsystems of it can be blown up, which makes a 'disarm the Hecate' mission a lot cooler.

Any takers?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Re: Animation & Subsystem Proposal
If I wans't burried under a heapload of work, I'd take it :doubt:

I guess hangarbays for vasudans ships would be the trickiest to make.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Just swipe them off the Karnak. ;)

Oh, and while we're at it, we could also go and make the Sathanas' arms move when it uses the subspace weapon in mods. ;7
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 05:54:47 pm by Snail »

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Just swipe them off the Karnak. ;)

Oh, and while we're at it, we could also go and make the Sathanas' arms move when it uses the subspace weapon in mods. ;7

Agreed.That would...ROCK!
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Sounds cool.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.