Author Topic: Quasar fire (flurry) and Bha'tok gunship  (Read 3089 times)

Quasar fire (flurry) and Bha'tok gunship

work in progress on the Quasar fire carrier

does anyone know exactly how many engines this ship has? I've always thought it was 7 but 8 maybe?

also I took a slightly different look at the rear section of the ship and decided that it wasn't as interesting to be just angled plating (plus it matches the egtvv a little better IMO)

the underside I added docking clamps for interest (the ship is very flat so detailing makes more sense to be functional freighter equipment bits even if it isn't on the references) I am also making a cargo pod to fit on the underside allowing it to be used as a freighter in missions.

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/g2/main.php/v/Development/quasarrender.jpg.html
(lighting got messed up, may be some mesh errors, but will be fixed)
http://warlords.swrebellion.com/g2/main.php/v/Development/quasar+fire+bay.jpg.html

here's a link to a massing model for the braha'tok gunship (just to get stuff position and generally aligned to the references)

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/g2/main.php/v/Development/bhatokmassingmodel.jpg.html

questions and comments welcome.

Re: Quasar fire (flurry) and Bha'tok gunship
second one looks kool, 1st ship looks meh
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
According to Wookiee, the Flurry was a modified version of the standard Quasar, which was originally a bulk cruiser.  So freighter stuff definitely makes sense, although I think it would be even nicer to have both versions, carrier mod and standard freighter, without the open hangar I would imagine, unless that's how it was loaded.  If the door is open, the freighter version could be exposing freight and the carrier would obviously be exposing its fighter stock.  Just an idea.  Also, with the docked fighters.  It would be nice to have some scripting to make it actually launch the fighters, since they're plainly visible to everyone who can see that side of the ship.  Might be something to look into.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I was thinking that the cargo pod could be underslung like a skycrane helicopter or a carryall from dune. The spar area is a lot of wasted space otherwise.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
Yeah, with the Quasar Fire I always imagined that big blank space between the hangar and bridge to have some sort of cargo carrying capacity, as mentioned, otherwise it'd be a lot of wasted space.

Both are looking very sexy, especially the Y-Head, I'm glad to see we'll finally have some more rebel ships to play with.

Welcome to the team EJ
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
what is that second one?

quazar fire is great, btw.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That's Braha'tok gunship.

I prefer the first one, in every imaginable aspect.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
Very nice, both are high-quality and an excellent level of detail and accuracy. Welcome to the team, we're all very exited. You may have single handedly shaved a lot of time off a release date which makes everyone happy.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline maje

Though I'm not really a fan of the Truce at Bakura, I'll admit that you've got some nice detailing on the Flurry.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Yeah, EJ's one of the best modelers around. I like the new Flurry with all the little detail bumps and superstructure. Looks MUCH better, most the time that ship looks so bland. Excellent idea about the skycrane bit. That'll be really cool.