Author Topic: Z-95 Headhunter  (Read 28134 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
WOW is all I can say a bit blurry but otherwise really good, try inverting the color scheme for one of the figthers (making the white green and the other way around) that way you could have a wing leader, a bit of a target though but still.
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
It's ok in my opinion. It's not blurrier any more than most other FS models, at least to my eyes.

To be honest, I am happy to have it that way, it's still ahead in development than most of our models.

My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline maje

No nothing's wrong, it's just that the last screen shot posted is a prime example of what happens when you render color, specular, bump, and normal maps together.

Or more accurately, when you invert the normal map and render with a bump.

Honestly, it's an easy fix which I've already implemented.  Next map I'll work on is glow and that will be posted tomorrow.

Now if I could just get this Internet Explorer 7 bull**** to work properly...... :mad2:

--To all MOD members--  if you're interested, I'll send the Z-95 your way so you can spin it around and have a look.  Be warned though, this was made in Max 9 and I'm not sure how backwards compatibility works, if any exists, granted I can just save the model as an OBJ which should work just as well.

--To brandx0 and Turambar--  I think we should do a render of a Z-95 and Y-wing group flying together, sort of like an 'early days' of the rebellion and maybe shot of Z-95 with the X-wing (from pre-Clone Wars relic to shooting star of the Alliance).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:18:24 pm by maje »
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
What's wrong with your IE7?  I have IE7, but I use FF 2.0.0.10 (with the IETab plugin just in case) mostly.  What's your problem, maybe someone can help.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
I dunno if I want to present a Y-Wing final-ish render yet, considering the texture is just basic colours without the proper dirtying effect and final panel lines, along with no normal or spec maps yet
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline maje

-- jr2--For whatever dumb reason, IE7 crashes the moment you load it.  In fact, the only way I've been able to successfully use it is to use IE with no-addons.  Thankfully, I DO have Firefox as well, but this is just stupid considering the last time I used IE7 was able to get it to work (this was before I had to reformat everything).

--brandx0--It's okay, there's no rush.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Re-Install IE 7 from the MS Downloads center.

Offline maje

I did that, but let me see about uninstalling, THEN install the DL, rather than being an impatient ass and installing over the one I did.

Anyways, a treat.... well, more like 'fixed the normal map blurriness' pic.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
I did that, but let me see about uninstalling, THEN install the DL, rather than being an impatient ass and installing over the one I did.

Anyways, a treat.... well, more like 'fixed the normal map blurriness' pic.

Awesome!  :D

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I know it's been a while, but I finally got internet, so now the ship database and screenshots for this have been set up on the website.  Keep up the good work!
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Hot Z-95, but could you smooth out the engine cylinders? :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline maje

Hot Z-95, but could you smooth out the engine cylinders? :nervous:

Dude, they ain't anymore faceted than Turambar's X-wing engines, and those are 14-sided cylinders, the same as what I've got here.  Besides, the Headhunter is already higher in polycount than any of the other fighters that I'm aware of.  Granted, I could probably shave off all the hidden polies that don't get seen, but I need to be able to test that in-game as a pof to see what rendering errors I run into.  THAT isn't something I'll be able to mess around with unless PCS finally has a Max 9 plug-in.  And I really don't want to mess around with this anymore until I'm able to get a better feel for the actual game engine, otherwise we'll be stuck with nice-looking, yet worthless models that can't be used.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
You'll probably need to do a 3 stage export in the meantime, via obj and 3dEx or something like that, but I would wait until Kaz and Bob can get that BSP compilation bug fixed in PCS2, and it can finally accurately report whether or not a model has conversion errors.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
How many polies is this guy? I'm curious as to whether it beats my Y-Wing for high-uber polycount
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy

Offline maje

8073 tris.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
Hmm, you know I'm not usually one to complain about polycounts, but that does seem a bit high considering the detail of the mesh.  Understandably it has a fair number of curved surfaces, but my Y-Wing has less and it's packed with greebles and surface details

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
* jr2 bets its the cockpit canopy... the X-Wing's canopy is flat.  How many polys on the Z-95 canopy?

Offline maje

cockpit canopy with brace is 188 tris.

brandx0, in your Y-wing, do you have every single mesh as being closed?  Because if I could get away with having open edges on the stuff you don't see and have it run fine in-game, I would have considerably less in polycount.

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
I'm not entirely sure whether you can have open edges or not.  I, just for my own peace of mind, prefer to have closed meshes, and thus all of my models are solid with no open edges

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
As long as you use them carefully, open edges are fine. It's where you have entire ships built out of jumbles of objects that you can cause problems usually during conversion. I use open edges to make a lot of the smaller detail and build bigger details into the mesh itself, and that process seems to work quite well. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities