Author Topic: Drive J?  (Read 2138 times)

Alright, I used the Java instaler and got all the files down, but every time I try and run the game it gives me some buffer error

Error: Unable to swap buffers
Error code: 0
File:j:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\graphics\gropengl.cpp
Line: 1650
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    gr_opengl_init()    gr_init()    game_init()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, it says it can't find a directory, drive J....how do I fix this?  Am I going to have to rewrite some code?

Edit: Ah, Direct 3D 8 lets the game work in multi, but single player still gets me the drive J; thing....or, do I need to worry about it really?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:44:35 am by StarBomber109 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
It's referring to a drive on the programmer's computer; the message is to help him debug it... it won't help you much.

What kind of graphics card do you have?  Are you using the latest drivers for it?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Running in a window definitely fixes this. And Taylor's xt builds should fix it too because I remember he said he removed this error message.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Running in a window definitely fixes this.

It sure did.  However, my computer is about four or five years old...I'm worried that it's just out of date for the game world.

Edit:  Ok, I have the latest driver for my card but, the card is (I think?) an AMD Athlon (or it's like an IXP or something, standard issue.  Although FS 2 was made before my computer was I think...)

I'm using FS2 open 3.6.9

Also, it's giving me a similar error when I try and run missions, any missions

Edit2: I think I had the wrong .exe file selected, its working now (I hope...)  Alzo, I'm now getting a white screen bug.  When I try to run the game, all I see is white.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 10:18:02 pm by StarBomber109 »