Author Topic: XvT World interview with lead programmer Albert Mack of XvT, XWA  (Read 3632 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
XvT World interview with lead programmer Albert Mack of XvT, XWA
Hey guys, thought you might like this:

Link to article on XvT world.

XvT world has some other news & articles that you might like, too... Homepage.

Offline maje

Re: XvT World interview with lead programmer Albert Mack of XvT, XWA
That's pretty cool.  At least we know that there are industry people that actually want to still do space combat sims.  Now if a company with the cajones was willing to step up to the plate......
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That would require project heads / aka managers, that know how to manage (but not micromanage), and still let the designers do their jobs.  Screw the release schedule, take a page from Blizzard's book:  It will be done when it's done!!

While we're on this topic (sort of), I'd like somebody to contact the leader(s) of the FSO project.

See, there's this column in PCGamer Magazine called "Homebrew." It's all about mods.
When FSO reaches the ultimate-ish version and all the mods are finished, or at least released, we send the link or a DVD to PCGamer.
If enough people download it and enough honchos see it, things may happen. Some of the mod members may get job offers, somebody may decide to do an all new space sim, at the very least people will see what an incredible game FS is.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
When FSO reaches the ultimate-ish version and all the mods are finished, or at least released

:lol:

Sorry, but that's quite a ways away.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline maje

[Moff Jerjerrod]well then, we shall double our efforts![/Moff Jerjerrod]
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I tried to contact Gary Whitta (old PC Gamer backspace editor) about the SW Conversion, since he's apparently a massive XvT fan.  I never heard back though.  I contacted him through his Facebook account, he may just not check it too much.  If anyone else knows a direct email address for him, I'd like to know it.  And I intended to let them know about the SWC when progress was far enough along.  Some of the work on HLP and GW has been featured in the British version of PCG, but not in the American one to my knowledge.  I've been reading backwards every issue I have since 1999 and have yet to run across any real mention of HLP.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays