Author Topic: Joystick Issues  (Read 2306 times)

Offline darkdaej

• Wingmen: Useless buggers
I have the 3.6.9 build and a Logitech Attack 3 joystick.   I have left the game alone for a while and recently came back to it...but my joystick doesnt work anymore.  I thought this weird, as I have other games that support my joystick and they work fine.  Anyway, I uninstalled the drivers, went to logitech's site and reinstalled new drivers. 

No results.  My joystick will still not work.  I also have no other peripherals plugged in to usb ports at all.  the loader shows the joystick setup properly...  I'm stuck...

BTW....I can't uninstall the game.  I tried doing so, thinking it might be a corrupt install or something, but the uninstall doesnt work...  should I just delete the fs2 folder entirely and reinstall or are there other ways of removing the SCP?

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
You can try deleting the folder and then using some kind of registry cleaner to finish off the rest. I don't know any Reg cleaners atm but try googling it
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I wouldn't do that just yet. Most likely this problem can be solved simply by using the force 0/1 options in the launcher's joystick tab.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Aphil

• Proud Canadian
Maybe... Have you tried taking the joy stick out and putting it back in? It might be an out dated file of some kind... :P Just working off my basic 13 year old kinowledge here :)
Officially fixed FSO. No more errors! Thanks to all who helped. Will play multiplayer anytime!

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Is it wireless?  Mine does that all the time.  Nothing will work in FS2 until I press the fire button a few times.  Seems to time out.  Always works in windows though.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline darkdaej

wow thanks for reviving this thread, i've been waiting a while for a response :)

Ok.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling my joystick drivers.

I have deleted fso, used a reg cleaner and reinstalled

Joystick is wired. (Logitech Attack 3)

I detect this problem when I go to change my controls, and during gameplay as well, nothing works.  the mouse works though, but you won't catch me playing FSO using a mouse even if u paid me a million bucks.

what's this force 0/1 thing?  how do i use it?

Offline darkdaej

nvm...  i fixed the issue by setting the joystick to Force 1.  FINALLY I can play...  lol.  that BlueWater campaign looks fun :)