Author Topic: Holy $#%^, EVE Trinity!  (Read 5498 times)

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Holy $#%^, EVE Trinity!
http://www.eve-online.com/trinity/index.html

Hot damn. EVE rocks already but hell, Trinity will make it look beautiful and then some!

I can't wait! Well actually I can, just like I can wait for Vista SP1 but that's beside the point.

EVE w00t!
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me

Re: Holy $#%^, EVE Trinity!
I would love to play EVE, if it didn't cost the $15 a month.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I would love to play eve, if it weren't for the other players.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I would love to play eve, if in the last month it hadnt gone the way of SWG and made new players have 45x more stuff to need to do, and nerf everything the old players can do, and leave the middle aged players useless in every way because they just trained for a year or more for a specific part of the game which has been made completely useless, but they are now at a disadvantage compared to the new players who haven't made such a commitment yet.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Erm, ^,^'

A tad bit bitter, Hippo?
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
we've both unsubbed recently.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Ah, pity. What's your story on it?
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
i stopped playing over 6 months ago(after 3 or 4 years), i found it .... uninteresting.
I hate My signature!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I would love to play eve, if in the last month it hadnt gone the way of SWG and made new players have 45x more stuff to need to do, and nerf everything the old players can do, and leave the middle aged players useless in every way because they just trained for a year or more for a specific part of the game which has been made completely useless, but they are now at a disadvantage compared to the new players who haven't made such a commitment yet.

And you all thought I should have gotten a carrier.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I'm actually planning on starting up an EVE account on Saturday, or at least the first opportunity after recovering from Friday night's planned 'finals-are-over-let's-get-munted' get-together.

How many EVE players have we got locally, might I ask?

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
many, most residing in the SGAM channel. my subs dont end for another month, so i'll still be around until then. convo me (Hippo117) ingame and i'll set you up with how to reach people
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
How many EVE players have we got locally, might I ask?
I suppose you can count me in.

Thanks! for telling me where to find the local EVE players, Hippo.
This sig is equal to -i.

You know, I briefly tried EVE, and was unimpressed.  More then anything though, I was amazed that instead of hiding the time-sink nature of XPing in an MMORPG via experience points gained by killing hordes of monsters, they just made sinking time itself the XP system.  It screamed to me "Older players will always have more abilities then newer ones, because age is XP, so there's really no point in playing cause you can never ever catch up."

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
It screamed to me "Older players will always have more abilities then newer ones, because age is XP, so there's really no point in playing cause you can never ever catch up."
If the aim of the game was to become the ultimate badass in the gaming world, then i'd agree. But that's not the aim of the game. That's only your inflated ego talking. The aim of the game is to fly around a simulated universe getting more and more powerful at your own pace, doing whatever the hell you want, for as long as you want. Nowhere is the mission statement of the game "be better than the older players".

Anyway, 90% of people who play WoW will never catch up to people who've been playing for years, and the same can be said about most MMOs out there, so what's the problem here? It's about having fun in the here and now, not entertaining some fanciful delusion of pure megalomania.

I would love play EVE, but I have no personal internet....   :(

I cant wait, as soon as I have a day with nothing to do when I get home, Im going on an online gaming binge. I have to make up for 15 months of lost play
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

If the aim of the game was to become the ultimate badass in the gaming world, then i'd agree. But that's not the aim of the game. That's only your inflated ego talking. The aim of the game is to fly around a simulated universe getting more and more powerful at your own pace, doing whatever the hell you want, for as long as you want. Nowhere is the mission statement of the game "be better than the older players".

Anyway, 90% of people who play WoW will never catch up to people who've been playing for years, and the same can be said about most MMOs out there, so what's the problem here? It's about having fun in the here and now, not entertaining some fanciful delusion of pure megalomania.

Yes, yes, it's all my ego.  Except those people I can't catch up to?  They can shoot me.
It rapidly ceases to be a purely ego thing if you have to worry about being blown up because of it.  There's a competitive aspect to all MMORPGs, and as thus, any unsurmountable advantage is a fundamental design flaw.

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
It's not just the skill training aspect. If you actually chose to specialize in a certain field of training, you could be a master of it with the older people soon enough. Regardless, there are items that you could fit on your ship so that you could gain an edge.

The main aim of EVE is such that you work with others in order to carve out your own life, whether it's in empire space (0.5+ security), low sec (<0.5), or 0.0 sec. Going solo is the most annoying thing all around. You can't really rely on any friends to help you out when in a pinch.

It's not a design flaw when you have your whole corp going with you to fight a Titan (the largest and all around most difficult class of ships to fly).

Either way, MMOs have a timesink aspect to them all the time. That's the point. EVE just made it such that I don't have to kill monster X 300+ times in order to level up really high. I can go off trying to shoot other people and just enjoy the hunt. True freedom is when you can make as many ships as you want. And dying doesn't really do much so long as you have your clone upgraded.
This sig is equal to -i.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I didn't buy EVE because it lacked PVP combat in the style of Freespace. However, in regards to that, I suggest people take a look at Vendetta Online:
http://www.vendetta-online.com/

It's basically like EVE except that you can fly your own ship.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
How is Vendetta these days? It looked promising a year or so ago when I first played around with it, but there wasn't an awful lot to do.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I didn't buy EVE because it lacked PVP combat in the style of Freespace. However, in regards to that, I suggest people take a look at Vendetta Online:
http://www.vendetta-online.com/

It's basically like EVE except that you can fly your own ship.

I'll give it a shot. By the way, how long is the trial?