Author Topic: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition  (Read 78860 times)

Re: Cutscene for Failure on Endgame Petition
Odd... my copy of WMP says it doens't have that codec, and the download site it directs me to is 404'ed. Where else could I find it?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Vasuda Destruction / Pre-Release tomorrow
ok...

video is ready...!!!

i coded it as cinepac codec now, but this leads to 200 MB at 100% quality. i will recode it also as indeo 5.1 also tomorrow

nevertheless i have 2 agree that there is one lucy jumpin-shot too much.....hve 2 see how i can fix this while keeping the music as it is  :doubt:

but now i go to bed.....  :wtf: :o

for example here:

http://download.freenet.de/archiv_i/intel_indeo_videos_codecs_4369.html

#1. That site's in some language I can't read.

#2. It didn't work anyway. None of my codec packs seem to have that ****ing codec, or if they do, WMP, Quicktime, and MPEG Direct are too stupid to find them... :ick:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
What version of WMP do you have? I have WMP 9.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Whatever version comes standard with Vista install nowadays (11?).

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I'm still doing the fighters that emerge before and alongside the lucifer. Thus far I have a herc, a dragon and 2 ursas that fly out nicely. :) As for music - I've got that covered actually; Blackhole has offered to write some specially for the cutscene once the sequence has been finalised, so that will be awesome.

And nice work on the stuff we've seen so far Icey! :D
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
Curses!

The BP Menu theme would have made a great doomsday track. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
I suggest a shorter sequence that does not repeat the Lucifer exiting the node, merely shows it exiting more slowly at different angles.  Follow this up with a camera view to the side tracking it until earth comes into view as it's clear heading.  Fade out.

Also, I would suggest music made specifically for the scene itself, but finding someone to do that might be hard.  =/
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
Pre-Release of Vasuda-Cutscene online
okay, here it is....

[link removed.....file offline]
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 06:55:33 pm by IceyJones »

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
OMG :jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

THAT WAS AMAZING!

Just one little tweek - at the beginning add the location text

Like the onscreen text at the beginning of "Hallfight", FS2 intro and when we see the Riviera for the first time

should read somthing like:
"Vasuda Prime
19:00 hours"

Swantz
I happen to think that the music really suits the situation...Watch the Babylon 5 episode "The Long Twilight Struggle" for the narn bombardment scene to see what i mean

It give's me the feelings of hoplessness and horror that this part of the storyline requires.:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 05:46:34 am by terran_emperor »
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
[Crysis nanosuit voice]
MAXIMUM DROOL!
[/Crysis nanosuit voice]
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Very awesome. :D
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
as i would like to release a complete "patch" incl. new fc2-campaign-file and tblĀ“s i have one problem now:

i added the avi to the movies-folder
added an additional entry in the cutscenes.tbl with my file
edited the campaign-file

BUT:
the movie-list in the tech-room does not show the END-cutscene anymore.
which table says fsport how many scenes he has to show?!

EDIT:
oh dear....is it possible that the whole tstrings.tbl will have to be changed?!?!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:44:21 am by IceyJones »

AVI support is officially discontinued, just like D3D, so I'd get them converted to OGG before messing with the in-game implementation.  Especially if you're forced to re-write table files.
Everything is better with monkeys.  Even pie.

That is the best first post I have ever seen.

This time I watched it on Filefront rather than downloading it.

Wow... this really is amazing.  :eek:

IceyJones rules! :yes2: :nod: :yes:

Offline IceyJones

• Maker of Cutscenes
  • ATM busy
    • IceyJones.de
AVI support is officially discontinued, just like D3D, so I'd get them converted to OGG before messing with the in-game implementation.  Especially if you're forced to re-write table files.

i was able to play it out of the game! also as avi-format!

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
breathtaking.

FS Port team, include that plz (when it's done)  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
It's awesome. :jaw:

But wasn't there a Shivan fleet in the CBAnim? :nervous:

And you still used too many jump in sequences for my taste. :nervous:

Not in the animation (which the final scene of the cutscene looks almost identical to), but the briefing does mention the fleet bombarding along with the Lucy.