Author Topic: Trying to load Freespace 1  (Read 5225 times)

Re: Trying to load Freespace 1
Also, if I run the fs2_open_3_6_9_debug.exe I get this when I start the mission:

Warning: Ship "Alpha 1" has an invalid ship type (ships.tbl probably changed).  Making it type 0
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 3315
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

and

Warning: Unable to find WEAPON_LIST_TYPE string "Subach HL-7" in stuff_int_list

Many possible sources for this error.  Get a programmer!

File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Parse\PARSELO.CPP
Line: 2453
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
    parse_common_object_data()    parse_object()    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

and

Warning: Ship "Instructor" has an invalid ship type (ships.tbl probably changed).  Making it type 0
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 3315

Call stack:
    parse_objects()    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Post the \FreeSpace2\data\fs2_open.log file, either use [code][/code] or post to http://www.hard-light.net.pastebin.com and post the link here.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Go to the campaign room and make certain you have the FS1 main campaign selected. By default the game will have the main FS2 campaign selected but you'll be unable to play it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

LOL... okay that was it. I wasn't selecting the right campaign in the Campaign Room. I had gone in there before, but I only had seen the FreeSpace 2 Campaign and The Silent Threat Campaign... Anyways, it seems to be working now.

Oi... I feel like a dumbass now. Thanks for all the help.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 04:15:20 am by sorrowfool »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Not your fault. We should have all guessed at that as the possible cause ages ago. :D

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Perhaps "The Main FreeSpace Campaign" should be renamed to "The Main FreeSpace ( 1 ) Campaign" or "The Main FreeSpace Campaign (FS1)" ?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The problem isn't the name, the problem is people don't know to go into the campaign room and pick another campaign in the first place.

ShivanSPS' pack shipped with an altered version of the first mission and campaign file which simply told the user to go back and pick the FS1 campaign if he went to the briefing room with the FS2 Campaign selected. It wasn't a particular pretty way of solving the problem but it was effective.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm.... sounds like a good idea.  Must put a bug in hip63's ear when he does v2.0 of his DVD...