Author Topic: Imperial Star Destroyer fighting a GTD Orion  (Read 20660 times)

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Re: Imperial Star Destroyer fighting a GTD Orion
I'm not sure what the ISDs were getting killed by in that last video. The Orion and Aeoluses were too far away to use their main beams. Also, those ISDs need new shield models.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
What the hell are you all on, it's "The dreaded Space Ghost Pirate Cyber Ninjas!!!"  (of unusual size...) Get it straight!  :lol:

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Singe

Edit by Singe: Better Idea.

I'd love to see the GTVA and Shivans gank the Empire.

So, why not say, GTD Orion and a GVD Hatephsut duking it out with maybe 3 ISDS and an SSD?

and Mid battle a Shivan Lucifer class superdestroyer and two Ravana or Rakshasha jump in and fire on the imperials.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 07:08:02 pm by Singe »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Ohhhh man. Mars said it.

Hard Light =/= SpaceBattles.

Edit by Singe: Better Idea.

I'd love to see the GTVA and Shivans gank the Empire.

So, why not say, GTD Orion and a GVD Hatephsut duking it out with maybe 3 ISDS and an SSD?

and Mid battle a Shivan Lucifer class superdestroyer and two Ravana or Rakshasha jump in and fire on the imperials.

A Culture ship jumps in and blows the whole works to bits.  :lol:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I jump in at they all bow down before my brilliance. All who resist are destroyed by my eye laz0rs. I rule the universe. The end.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Lasers are a beam of particles all travelling in the same direction at a particular point, light is made of particals going in many directions and spread out as far as they can, try putting a laser pointer and a lamp or torch onto a wall, the laser makes a little dot, the torch goes wherever it can!! I suppose lasers are more than just photons and that shields may well be able to block them.

What's the firepower on a ISSD, i heard someone somewhere say they've got mega weapons that don't look like much (and in the star wars universe might not be) but do a whole heap of damage, far more than a BFRed. I don't know where i saw that so it may be completely wrong.

Great movie though.

Offline Agent_Koopa

• These words make the page load that much slower.
Lasers are focused light.
Interestingly enough, this signature is none of the following:
A witty remark on whatever sad state of affairs the world may or may not be in
A series of localized forum in-jokes
A clever and self-referential comment on the nature of signatures themselves.

Hobo Queens are Crowned, but Hobo Kings are Found.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Lasers travel in one direction, light travels in many directions, light can be focused into a bright point that could blind you, by using mirrors to focus it all, or cutting the rest of the light off and letting a few go through. Indeed, consentrated light could probably do the same amount of damage as lasers, but that's not my point! My point is... I foget, oh wait, my point is that lasers are differant to light and shields might be able to stop them.

People don't even know that a shield could exist yet!! They can make an iron dome that can stop a whole lot of things, but it's not see through, shields are fictional, all i know is that a magnet can deflect another magnet away if you push them together properly and that might be the technology you could use to stop ferous materials.

Also, shields might stop things of high matter, light is very low matter and would go through, lasers are extremely focused and probably have a lot higher matter
light     || -> (
laser  *||     (

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
No offense, Killer Whale, but your grasp of the physics involved is clearly either hampered by a language barrier or slightly shaky.

I don't mean to flame, but are you familiar with the concepts of coherence, population inversion, or the unity of matter and energy? And what do you mean by 'high' and 'low' matter?

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Am i farmiliar with anything you just talked about? Well, pretty much no.

Matter: I probably don't know what it means, but i think of it as how densly packed atoms are, the more the higher, the less the less.

Unity? I thought light was matter, other than that i don't know what your talking about.

I only turned 13, i haven't gone to high school so these are all guesse, i hardly know that much about physics.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Light is made of photons, not strictly matter -- rather, they're packets of energy.

Neither light nor laser contains any atoms. Photons are not atoms, and they are not part of atoms, but they do interact with them.

Matter is made of atoms.

A laser is simply a directed, focused, 'coherent' stream of light. Both a flashlight and a laser emit photons, but the photons in the laser are of the same wavelength and they move 'in lockstep', meaning that they lose far less energy as they travel.

Once you begin picking up relativity you'll begin to learn that matter is essentially frozen energy. Still, we refer to them as two distinct things.

No offense, Killer Whale, but your grasp of the physics involved is clearly either hampered by a language barrier or slightly shaky.

I don't mean to flame, but are you familiar with the concepts of coherence, population inversion, or the unity of matter and energy? And what do you mean by 'high' and 'low' matter?

Actually I remember some sci-fi show using this. Doctor who ??? A shield stopped hi-energy levels while low-level could go through, like air.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Sorry, that kinda scraps my whole theory, i thought photons were made of atoms.

Lasers are a beam of particles all travelling in the same direction at a particular point, light is made of particals going in many directions and spread out as far as they can, try putting a laser pointer and a lamp or torch onto a wall, the laser makes a little dot, the torch goes wherever it can!! I suppose lasers are more than just photons and that shields may well be able to block them.

What's the firepower on a ISSD, i heard someone somewhere say they've got mega weapons that don't look like much (and in the star wars universe might not be) but do a whole heap of damage, far more than a BFRed. I don't know where i saw that so it may be completely wrong.

Great movie though.

There's the Eclipse-Class Super Star Destroyer, but this dude really deserves his name.
Although this sucker is entirely EU, it has a mini-Death Star Super Laser, which can transform a planet into a block of molten glass in a few seconds.
Should this guy show up, I'd say you just try to get the hell out of there.
Of course it could be possible to just flank him and abuse SW's anti-capship-weaponry-lackage. Probably you would still take quite a beating from torpedos, though.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Great movie though.

There's the Eclipse-Class Super Star Destroyer, but this dude really deserves his name.
Although this sucker is entirely EU, it has a mini-Death Star Super Laser, which can transform a planet into a block of molten glass in a few seconds.
Should this guy show up, I'd say you just try to get the hell out of there.
Of course it could be possible to just flank him and abuse SW's anti-capship-weaponry-lackage. Probably you would still take quite a beating from torpedos, though.

Who? The orion, or the culture gsv or Trashman?  :lol:  :P

Way I see it the only one in danger would be the orion, the other two obliterate the Eclipse with sheer firepower and coolness  :cool:

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Indeed. :cool: :pimp:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Does anyone have a model of the Imperial Super Star Destroyer ? I could need it for my next possible video . Unless I don't find any other normal SW models ...

P.S. I beat everyone and everything

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
Has anyone got one for the ISD, i'd like to put that in my "for fun, no purpose" missions

Does anyone have a model of the Imperial Super Star Destroyer ? I could need it for my next possible video . Unless I don't find any other normal SW models ...

P.S. I beat everyone and everything

Just scale the ISD up by 7-8 times.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!