Author Topic: Terran, Vasudan and Shivan Technology  (Read 20062 times)

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Re: Terran, Vasudan and Shivan Technology
The BVas is better than its Terran counterpart.

I don't know why both the SVas and the SGreen have a long recharge time :mad:

SVas has a fast recharge time, even next to the SRed.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
I have found that the best way to compare beams is to look at the sustained damage (takes into account recharge time etc).  You can see these numbers at http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Weapon_Comparison_%28FS2%29.

The SVas is significantly better than the SRed, which is much better than the SGreen.  The VSlash is theoretically more than twice as powerful as the TerSlash (though this varies because of the slash nature of these beams).  The BVas is marginally more effective than the BGreen, the LRed beats them both by a lot (3rd best beam in the game, also beats the BFGreen and LRBGreen significantly).  The BFRed is much better than any other beam, beating even the second place Mjolnir Fixed Beam by more than three fold.

Look at the Hecate - 4 BF Red salvo and it's gone. GVD Hatshepsut - no way.

If the numbers are correct (I didn't check them), 4 BFReds could easily blast any destroyer out of the sky in one shot (I think two could kill even a Demon).

Shivan beams are generally much more effective because they fire for longer and have a much faster recharge time.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well from what i understood from the tech room the GVD Gatshepsut class destroyers are newer then the Hecate's . Also Since there are less then a gand full of Typhon's in service and those are on theyr way out we must asume that construction of replacement wa already underway at the time you join the hammer heads. The same can be said about the Orions who were beeing phased out by the Hecate class! This means that destroyers were already beeing produced somehwre in the GTVA to replace the existing ones. 

And since there were so many Orion's left still in service and since we can safely asume that the GTVA did not plan on building them all at once the replacements i mean (perhaps just 2 or 3 at one time) we can asume that the number of available destroyers to the GTVA is far greater then we originaly believed. We have to keep into acount the number of destroyers lost to rebelion by the NTF sabotage destroyed in battle etc.

This would mean at least to me that the GTVA at the peak of the war with the NTF was gooing full power towards replacing the losses suffered ! That would mean that the GTVA would have to construct or already constructed more then 12 destroyers be they vasudan or terran ones. But i somehow have the distincs impression that the vasudans were a ble to build up they destroyer force a bit faster then the terrans.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Possibly. We know the fisheads had a batter econommic recovery so it wouldn't surprise me. Not to forget that the Vasudan were replacing practicly all of their destroyers while us humans only some - which means they would have to make more of htem :P
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so bassicly terrans suck at building up theyr destroyer force! All those in favor of letting the fishheadz design and build all out warships raise they hands and say........fiiiiiiishhhhh! :P
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! I like the classic style of a Orion. The fisheads should keep their scaly designs for themselves.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well we can just tell them we want the orion the way it is they can just mess around with the powergrid reactors armour weapons etc just leave the hull the way it is ! That should make the orion the most deadly destroyer in game! I mean we already know its second best destroyer in game so with the fishheadz magic they can make it the best !  then just mass produce 50 or 100 of them and we might have a chance at beating the shivans!
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
first you'd need to tuck more AAAf and Flak turrets on it. then we can talk buisness.

Adding all those additional turrets would probably mean taking off one or even two of the beam turrets.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

But there are absolutely no numbers either way so its really difficult to say.  Its speculation and aside from some vague meanings in a tech room there isn't anything that definitively says one way or the other.

The probelm is this: Even assuming the GTVA names the first ship in the class the class name, there would only be about three Hecates we know of: GTD Hecate, GTD Aquataine, and the GTD Phenocia.  Aquataine survives Capella, and we know that Phenocia is destroyed, or at the least badly damaged.  (There is also a GTD Independance, but that's a muti-player mission, so its canon status is questionable to say the least.)
Also true.

I'm just saying that its hard to say with some sort of authority that there are definitely more Vasudan destroyers of X class than Terran destroyers of Y class because of a vague reference in a tech room or based on what we saw as the player.  Volition was always about "cog in the wheel" style space shooter and we know for certain that we didn't see many things that were going on.  Which is good because it opens things right up for the fan fiction/campaigns after the fact.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline eliex

The Hecate excels at killing off fighters and other smaller craft. It's not very well balanced but when you look at the GTD Orion,
it can't even kill a single fighter that is actually clever. (Terran turrets don't do anything).

It's only good at destroying cruisers and the like.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
True but there in no other terran warships that eats up and spits out large warships even destroyer classes like the Orion and i'm willing to bet that the Hattie can do pretty much almost an equal job as the Orion.

Also there would be no need to take out one or 2 beam cannons of the Orion since if it would get a total overhaul from the fishheads im willing to bet it will have more then enough power to power up any beam cannons and even a few aditional aaaf beam turretes and missile lauchers or flack turrets.

Man the GTVA really needs a dedicated battleship class for them close engagements that we saw all to often can not be avoided when facing the shivans.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I doubt the Hecate could be as effective as an Orion. It's beam placement leave a lot to be desired for. But the Orion definately has room for improvement.

Man the GTVA really needs a dedicated battleship class for them close engagements that we saw all to often can not be avoided when facing the shivans.
;7

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does the Hecate have to do with anything i was talking about the Hattie(Hatshesut class destroyer you know the one the fisheads built that looks like a combination between a fish and a vacuumcleaner) !

The hecate is superb at was it is meant to do and that is deploy fighters and well...er.....C&C duties cuz that is what it was built for anyway.

Also im willing to bet that a Hecate has more sophisticated sensors then any other GTVA warships except perhaps a science cruiser.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Hecate and Orion actually compliment each other quite well.  The Orion's are excellent in the broadside engagement.  They could wade into a formation of cruisers and engage on all sides without too much of a problem.  Or if it could position itself appropriately it could get in beside a Ravana class where its beams can't hit and rake it from stem to stern.  Its a more classical battleship.

Hecates and Hatshepsuts have most of their beams oriented forwards and are better as battering ram style attacks in a head on engagement and then away.  A combined fleet of all three are going to really excel at taking down enemy capital ships and flooding the area with fighters and bombers.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

A dedicated close-quarters (relatively...) battleship sounds interesting.
Imagine a Orion sized thingy jumping in from the rear, quickly coming to one side of the enemy, fire a few BGreens and fusion mortars, and get out again.
Hip, Hip, Hooray for Sea-In-Space battles!
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
A dedicated close-quarters (relatively...) battleship sounds interesting.
Imagine a Orion sized thingy jumping in from the rear, quickly coming to one side of the enemy, fire a few BGreens and fusion mortars, and get out again.
Hip, Hip, Hooray for Sea-In-Space battles!

*ahem*
Like this?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep something like that even if what i imagined looks a bit different but not too much though.

Also who is willing to get me that the GTVA has its R&D departments making efforts towards reproducing shivan beam cannons or perhaps improve theyr own beam cannons using shivan tech !
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Who is willing to get you? :wtf:

You mean who is willing to dispute that? Or who is willing to agree? It kinda makes sense for teh military to try to improve their weapons..that goes without saying.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry i wanted to say who is willing to BET me! I can imagine the GTVA improving their beam cannons to some extent although nothing radical within the next 2 years max further refinements and improvements and perhaps even new beam cannons to be produced tested and implemented into the fleet within the next 3 to 7 years max. From there periodic developments refinements etc every 5 years perhaps more !
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < )