Author Topic: Engine glow & texture problems in Derelict SCP  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Objekt

Engine glow & texture problems in Derelict SCP
In the last few missions, I've been seeing graphical problems like these:

This engine glow problem happens with all ships, even other fighters.  In the first, you can see that some of the glows are apparently intersecting with the hull.  This intersection moves as I move my ship, creating an annoying flashing effect near the engine glow/hull boundary.  It clears up entirely when I get closer than about 550-600 m.

That weird, white-with-black bands texture down the side of that ship isn't supposed to be there, is it?  Again, when I get close enough, it disappears, and is replaced by the normal texture for that area - a strip with lots of little lights, as if lights were turned on in some rooms in the ship.

In the Launcher, I've selected "All features on" but have manually disabled the "Enable specular" and "Enable environment maps" in an attempt to find out what's causing these graphical anomalies.  No luck so far.

These problems (ETA) *do not* go away if I turn off all the graphical goodies ("Default FS2 (All features off) in the launcher") but then the game looks pretty dull.

What's the problem, and how do I fix it?

FWIW, I have an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with 128 MB RAM, and am using Catalyst 6.4.  Yes, I know there's a newer version of Catalyst (7.1), but the Catalyst Control Panel crashes if I try to run it, even though I had .net 2.0 installed.  So, I switched back to Catalyst 6.4, as it's given me no problems for the last year or two.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 06:11:50 pm by Objekt »