Author Topic: On the GTD Hades  (Read 22995 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
You can probably fit two Lokis in place of one Ursa. :p

More like 8 :p

And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hecate = 150 "combat spacecraft".  Since when did the Hades ship out with 100% Loki fighters?!

Hecate [2174m] = 150 combat spacecraft
Hades [3404m] = 200 combat spacecraft

What's your problem? Are you constipated or something? Being EXTA anal? :P

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Ah, and the Colly?  Hmm, I guess the Colly is a Destroyer / SuperDestroyer / Battleship, and the Hades is an aircraft carrier.  :lol:  That's what it's used for, anyways...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Colossus [6117] = 240 spacecraft.

Note, the Colossus does not carry "combat" spacecraft. Since the Hecate can carry 150 "combat" spacecraft, it might be able to carry more of other spacecraft.

Offline Nuclear1

Colossus [6117] = 240 spacecraft.

Note, the Colossus does not carry "combat" spacecraft. Since the Hecate can carry 150 "combat" spacecraft, it might be able to carry more of other spacecraft.

The Colossus carries 60 fighter and bomber wings, according to the cutscene.  Now, if fighters and bombers don't register as "combat spacecraft", I don't know what do.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
...are transports considered "combat spacecraft" (think Haulers 1 and 2)? :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

The Colossus carries 60 fighter and bomber wings, according to the cutscene.  Now, if fighters and bombers don't register as "combat spacecraft", I don't know what do.

Key word being "Wings."   Now, how many ships are typically in a wing?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
A wing is generally formed by 3/4 spacecraft. The Colossus should have something like 180-240 spacecraft(assuming that heavy bombers occupy more space).

In the cutscene the number of spacecraft per wing is displayed, the problem is that I can't watch it right now.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
A wing is generally formed by 3/4 spacecraft. The Colossus should have something like 180-240 spacecraft(assuming that heavy bombers occupy more space).

In the cutscene the number of spacecraft per wing is displayed, the problem is that I can't watch it right now.

Try YouTube...and I think we're way off-topic.  :nervous:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Really, I think there should have been a set of missions on its own about tracking down the Hades and then blowing it up after a while.  All this time while dodging the rogue GTI and the Shivans too,  and maybe a bit of HOL.

Gotta say, the ST campaign started out great, the first few missions were actually cool and worthwhile.  Then things started going downhill.......

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
I could handle that - and alternate end to Silent Threat Reborn: Mission would be based off the Unmade Crusade Episode "To The Ends of the Earth"
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Mm-hmm...if the GTI finished the Hades earlier on in the campaign and get it to destroy the Krios and pretty much wreak havoc in GTVA systems...what say you? :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Ugh... looks like I have to play the campaign again to know wtf you guys are talking about...
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Provided that the GTD Hades will indeed play a more "active" role in the ST:R campaign, does this mean we'll be seeing those omgwtfbbqfishsticks Shivan Super Lazors put to use?

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Oh yes.

...hm. thinks.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I think its even got more of them now.
Something like 5.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Aren't the super lasers supposed to be Shivan beams?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Quit trying to figure out ST:R before you play it, it ruins all the fun. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Rick James

• Scathed By Admins
Quit trying to figure out ST:R before you play it, it ruins all the fun. :P

Estimated kill count of the GTD Hades in the Reborn campaign:

GTC Fenris - 3
GTC Leviathan - 2
GVC Aten - 3
GVD Typhon - 2
GTD Orion - 1
GTI Arcadia - 1

Boystrous 19 year old temp at work slapped me in the face with an envelope and laughed it off as playful. So I shoved him over a desk and laughed it off as playful. It's on camera so I can plead reasonable force.  Temp is now passive.