Author Topic: On the GTD Hades  (Read 22970 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I've got a little question.

In the original Silent Threat, the GTD Hades was a sitting duck that kept releasing fighters. Will it be moving about in ST:R?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The ST:R mission is different from, and much better than, the old ST mission.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The GTD Hades is no longer a sitting duck in ST:R.  And it will certainly be moving about. ;7

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Will it have a cap on the number of :mad: fighters that it can spawn?  I think I finally got toasted at kill # 100 or something like that.  :hopping:

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The original mission was ridiculous from start to finish.  The ST:R mission is well designed; don't worry.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It spawns a maximum of 200 fighters. ;7

But yeah, the blow-up-the-Hades mission was redesigned from start to finish.  It's much better than the original.

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Colossus can hold up to 240 fighters, so I didn't think that was unreasonable.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I thought you meant they were all launched in one mission one after another, with two wings called Bragi and Huri with wing respawns of 99. I assume only a few of those 200 fighters would be launched in one mission.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I was talking about the very last mission.  It's possible for the Hades to deploy up to 5 wings of 10 waves each.  However, it's highly unlikely that the average player will face every single fighter.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Especially when your wingmen and the GTC Orff (Who's genius idea was it to put a goddamn Fenris in a battle with a superdestroyer?) are all cannon fodder. :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
The Colossus can hold up to 240 fighters, so I didn't think that was unreasonable.

*cough*  :wtf:  Compare sizes with Colly and Hades, then get back to me.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
*cough* :wtf: Compare sizes with Hecate and Hades, then get back to me.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hecate = 150 "combat spacecraft".  Since when did the Hades ship out with 100% Loki fighters?!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You can probably fit two Lokis in place of one Ursa. :p

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ah, but what was the Hades to be used for?  A space superiority fighter carrier?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I don't think it was ever meant to go into combat, since the GTI was trying to recreate the SD Lucifer.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Instead of a goddamn Fenris are you going to put a destroyer there instead?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:wtf: The SD Lucy plowed through the GTA and PVN forces... what makes you think the GTI wouldn't want to use the Hades in the same manner?

It wasn't finished yet, maybe?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!