Author Topic: Duke Nuke Em Forever Trailer 2007  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Duke Nuke Em Forever Trailer 2007
Saw this on Slashdot, where it was pointed out that the 2001 trailer was better.  I agree.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
The 2001 trailer is better than most video game trailers, though. So that isn't saying much.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Release Date:  December 21, 2012.

Mayan creationist date for the end of the world.  Nice.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

At the end of the day, it's still going to be a First Person Shooter - most likely like any other. What are we really expecting it to bring to the table that hasn't been done already?

Not that it'll be necessarily bad because of that, but the sheer hype behind this thing doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be good. People are just hoping it will be. The trailer was attractive enough but I'll wait till I can play it before making a decision.

Well wasen't that what Duke Nukem 3D was in the first place? It was your genuine first person shooter, and it even wasn't fully 3D (if you look up or down while in the game, you'll see). Regardless, it was pretty damn fun. I'd like to see DNF as soon as it's released.

It just means that Duke Nukem will live on...FOREVER! ha! sorry, another bad forever pun...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie

Gotta love The Invisibles.

This game could be great though. Why? It'll be funny...haven't had anything like that in a long time.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Yeah, always loved Duke Nukem's humor.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

As I recall, every aspect of the character was stolen from some other pop culture source, making Duke this Frankenstein monster of stolen quotes.  If you want to play a funny FPS, go dig up a copy of No One Lives Forever.
Everything is better with monkeys.  Even pie.

That is the best first post I have ever seen.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
As I recall, every aspect of the character was stolen from some other pop culture source, making Duke this Frankenstein monster of stolen quotes.  If you want to play a funny FPS, go dig up a copy of No One Lives Forever.

Congratulations, you figured out The Joke. The whole point of Duke is that he's a parody of all the other stereotypical action heroes.

Congratulations, you figured out The Joke. The whole point of Duke is that he's a parody of all the other stereotypical action heroes.

Lol, and duke nukem 3D has been out for...what, 15 years now?

Duke nukem himself being, like, 2 decades?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Oh come on, give the Duke some credits.  Sure, lots of other heroes may claim they'll rip off your head and **** down your neck, but how many of them actually DID it, in a cutscene no less?

Very true. And that was VERY funny.  :wakka:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Duke has always had a certain total and utter irreverance going for him.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

There were people who didn't realize that?  :wtf:

I expect to find a dead Spartan II somewhere in DNF.   :P
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You know...there was a dead Duke Nukem skeleton in Serious Sam 2....hanging on chains with a rocket showed in his a***.

Sam's comment was "So that's where he went.. Look like he's been here..forever!" :lol:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

I expect to find a dead Spartan II somewhere in DNF.   :P

I vote that the Master Chief gets a plasma grenade stuck to his head.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
That music was pretty dodgy... otherwise, well, at least it's still alive. Loved DN3d, so I'll probably love this... if it ewver comes out.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

I just never found him funny, especially when he quoted Ash from Army of Darkness (Bruce Campbell for the epic win!).  That said, I didn't play Duke Nukem 3d in it's entirety, just the demo WAY after it was actually on the radar.  I played the original sidescrollers though, and they were quite a bit better then a lot of the other similar titles out at the time.

Other then a Heretic deathmatch with my extended family during their holiday visits, I didn't play an FPS at all until Dark Forces 2, and even then only after it had been out for a couple of years and because somebody else I knew brought it over once.  Deus Ex was the second FPS I ever played, and the first one I actually played AS an FPS, since the lightsaber made 3rd person a must.

But back to Duke, I skipped the 3d outing for the same reason I didn't play Doom, or Heretic, or Hexen: 360 degrees of freedom and the lack thereof.  In other words, Descent, it's sequels, and then space shooters like FS2.  Playing a title with a limited movement cone and sprite based enemies just felt like I was slumming.....low tech and cheap compared to the glory that was Descent (which actually was the first game I ever purchased).  Duke's cheesy lines and cardboard cutout personality didn't help matters much either.

That recording somebody made of some random jackass using a Duke soundboard to torment some clan using Vent though was priceless, so you can say that about the fellow.
Everything is better with monkeys.  Even pie.

That is the best first post I have ever seen.

Offline Mika

Seems that they have got the Attitude back in the games.

The first time I actually played through Duke 3D was after Half-Life 2. Of course I installed the High resolution package so that the graphics run a little bit better in XP. It was surprising to see how much the FPS games have evolved during 12 years - none to be exact. Actually, Duke3D feels better than HL2. Level design and gameplay come to mind for example. Serious attitude problem adds to the fun, and timing of those comments approaches artistic. Also, the game still has high interactivity compared to modern titles and you tend to find enemies not-so-combat-ready states...

In any other FPS, before the end fight, the combat prowess of the bad guy is always exaggerated to the level you will feel you have no chance. In this case, the protagonist himself shouts something like the above quotation to the bad guy. And the carries out what he said.

Wasn't it something like "It's time to abort your whole friggin' species" while putting a pipe bomb inside the womb of an alien queen?

Mika
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Duke is DA MAN! :cool:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Wasn't it something like "It's time to abort your whole friggin' species" while putting a pipe bomb inside the womb of an alien queen?

Mika

That was in the expansion pack. That one was so funny it had an entire episode dedicated to a movie spoof for mission impossible :lol:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.