Author Topic: Ideas for new Campaigns  (Read 16562 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Ideas for new Campaigns
Much though I like JMS in this respect it's a pity Joss Whedon wasn't the man responsible for B5. He's always so desperate to get the unfinished plot lines for his shows fleshed out we'd probably only have to contact him and ask to make it into a game. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
JMS likes to keep his secrets. He doesn't seem to exhibit any desperation to get his stories out there and I imagine he will quite happily sit on the Crusade story arc forever just in case the opportunity arrises to revive the show or play the story out in TV movies or whatever. Still there's probably little harm in asking. Nor would I expect him to take any action (or particular interest) in TBP or other B5 mods if he knew about us.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Yep, that sounds about right...so im going to employ a little creativity.
BTW, could some one make comms anis of the Crusade cast?
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
Yep, that sounds about right...so im going to employ a little creativity.
BTW, could some one make comms anis of the Crusade cast?

I too will be interested in that. I really need one for captain anderson [captain of the victory]  :rolleyes: (Why? Hes in my second mission already  :p)

Also, if anyone could shoot me a quick PM about messaging using the faces n'all, that'd be great  :D  ( :lol: = You  :mad: = me)  :(
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You know what would be 100x more useful if someone really wants to do TBP a big favour? There is a Crusade Soundtrack albumn out there that's waiting to be chopped up into a Crusade themed in-game soundtrack. Crusade style missions feel a bit wierd without Evan Chen's music.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I could do it, but i only have the Crusade tracks "Warzone Suite", Elizabeth and the theme. Could you or whoever has the crusade Ablum send it to me, and also the Call-to-Arms Sound track...

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
problem is, that would require a mod wouldn't it?

Anybody interested in making "The Killing of Worlds" (the DC sequel I did not want to make) ? I got the script here...
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
problem is, that would require a mod wouldn't it?

TBP can itself be modded using modular table files (.tbm files). Done this way you can add new features without breaking the installed copy of TBP's compatability with everyone else's campaigns. But you have to know what you're doing. The important thing is not to change anything existing. Only add.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Crusade campaign will start work when 2 thinks happen
1) TBP 3.4b is released mainstream (after Beta). I'll redownload TBP when that happens
2) I Buy the Cruades Series DVD pack

It will be released as an expansion pack and require the SCP 3.9 INF build do to ship numbers.
New ships to be included.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline hip63

• The DVD Builder Guy
    • hip63's Groovy Galaxy
A little off the topic but I once traded a couple of email with JMS personally years ago (last millenium in fact, lol) for advice about about a scifi story I was writing at the time. He actually came off pretty cool, wish I still had the emails...

hip63 :p
operator: "So what do you need? Besides a miracle. " hip63: "Games. Lots of Games. "
EVGA X58 Motherboard, Intel i7 920 @ 3.8 (OC) GHz Quad Core, Zalman Copper Cooler, 6GB OCZ DDR3 memory, EVGA Nvidia GTX275 (1.8gb mem onboard), 4x 1TB Western Digital SATA II Drives + 1 WD Velociraptor HDD (OS), DVD Drive, Zalman 1000w PSU, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Dell 2007WFP Widescreen Flat Panel Pure Gaming Evil Baby!

Offline maje

terran emperor, in regards to the Crusade campaign, I was wondering, in "To The Ends of the Earth", it says that the Shadow hybrid spits out fighters to try and slow down the Excaliber, but the script says nothing of the fighters physical description.  Are they just going to be EA fury and 'bolt reskins, spitfires, or a new design?  I don't think that they are EA reskins because that would have triggered an alarmed response from the Excaliber crew, so I'm thinking either Shadow spitfires or new design.
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Ideally, i was thinking a cross between Thunderbolts and Spitpitfires - A very spiky Thunderbolt with no cockpit. Will submit concept art for it soon.

But unless someone can model it for me, i was planning Shadow-skinned Thunderbolt - with stealth capabilities - they come up as sensor-ghosts, like the shivans did in their first couple of missions way back in FS1 - they appear on radar, but can't be targeted. My ingame explanation is that the sensors are unable to get a lock, thus very little info onthe Ships - they do get added to the tech database, but not till season 3 (who knows when that will happen.). And they move too fast

Though i may now go with spitfires

I think i'll make my decision depending on how much difficulty i have with the reskins.

Ill have to do a Thunderbolt reskin for the fighters in "The End of the Line" - All black, possibly armed with shadow Weapons...Or i may even import the Shivan Weapons from FS2 SCP - (you know the Pharnec, Quasar, Syth, Aloaqua, Citra, Phanuel, Vapula, Advachiel, Chirops, Palit and Vepar...Oh and the UD-8 Kayser (Well it was shivan based)) and have them as hybrid/black-ops weapons developed from research into Alien Tech.

And ive thought a bit about the plot for the late parts of the campaign...At some point,  around the middle to 4tgh sixth ot the way through, i want you're squad acting as mercenaries in the "Unaligned Sectors". I might import the Ancient ships from Inferno/Blue Planet: AoA - the fighters, bombers and cruisers. to act as Alien ships from other races...

Decided - INF build definalty neaded.

Just 2 quick requests
1) As a background image...Can someone do a black cloud? Similar to a nebula background, but completly black...Will be great for the 1st safe of this Crusade campaign...fot the Second Battle of the Line...Hey...ive got to get the Death Cloud in somehow.

2) Mostly for my own amusement, could someone do Garibaldi's Starfury, with the Egyptian God of Frustration on the side

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Am thinking about making my Crusade campaign as a Mod pack for TPB in the Same way that Inferno R1 was to FS2 - Due to the number of ships included. Therefore, campaigns like Raider Wars may not be compatible...RW might be compatible...It depends what ship i remove...Probably most of the Minbari vessels, the Primus/Secundus.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Therefore, campaigns like Raider Wars may not be compatible...RW might be compatible...It depends what ship i remove...

Making a mod pack delete or modify existing content and thus modifying TBP in such a way that other campaigns stop working is a sure fire way of creating a support nightmare for yourself. I say yourself but first of all they're going to come here, to this forum, complaining. At that point I'm going to point them in your direction and hand them a big stick. Add to the mod. Don't delete. Don't modify. That's what modular tables (.tbm files) and the Inferno build included in the package are there for. Running the Inferno build you can have up to 250 ships.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I know. Creating that type of mod i mentioned will be a real can of worms

Therefore: INF build SCP essential

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline nvsblmnc

• I'm a minefield of information.
Thinking about campaign ideas, there have been times in the series when B5 has pulled various members of the League together, and lumped them into a single fleet.  What might be interesting is a campaign about the tensions and conflits that build up between the races.

The Brakiri/Drazi relationship would be interesting as these two always seem to be on the verge of a brawl with each other.  It also takes place in the background of the larger events of the series, and so ties in nicely with the Shadow/Civil War stories.

Or there's always the green/purple thing...
When the reactor explodes, it's usually a sign that you've taken too much damage.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
GREEN+Purple= :headz:

That sounds like a great light humour campaign

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
There's lots of material in the B5 universe for a good parody campaign. I am not a good comedy writer though. The campaign I am working on is set 6 or so years after the events of Crusade. I'm aiming for something on a Galactic scale this time, meaner and darker than Raider Wars. Maybe even edging towards Silent Hill style disturbing.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
GREEN+Purple= :headz:

That sounds like a great light humour campaign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umBZ8zXJQjM
(I have a few ideas from this clip :p)
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I will begin work on my crusade campaign soon.

Check back soon for it's own thread

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit