Author Topic: Motherboard and RAM Troubles  (Read 399 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Motherboard and RAM Troubles
Hi
I have had a Asus P5B-Deluxe WiFi/API for about a year and a half now and have never had any problems with it.
The other week I bought more RAM (Since Vista and new kinda need 4GB instead of 2GB) Bought the same that I had Corsair TWIN2X 6400PRO DDR2 2048MB CL4 (Had the old CL5 before) but when I installed them (all four, new and old) it didnt work the computer wouldent even boot to setup or even less to windows just a black screen. So I sent the new ones back but when I got them back today (they found no problems with em) tried it again and this time only with the new memory and it works so my question is have any one else with this motherboard had this problem that 4 RAM modules wont work or is it just my motherboard that is broken and I must by a new one (or try with warranty from ASUS).

/Diceman
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Re: Motherboard and RAM Troubles
I don't really know if I understand what you're saying, so we'll reiterate;

You're trying to run 4 gigabytes of ram, that all aren't of the same version? One pair is CL4, the other CL5? The memory works alone as 2gb, but won't work together?

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Re: Motherboard and RAM Troubles
I don't really know if I understand what you're saying, so we'll reiterate;

You're trying to run 4 gigabytes of ram, that all aren't of the same version? One pair is CL4, the other CL5? The memory works alone as 2gb, but won't work together?

Well yes but after some trial and error it seems that onw of my RAM Slots dosent work since can run 3 Memory modules without any problems but if I put even on in last one(the one that dosent seem to work) the computer wont start so its either warranty from asus or a new motherboard for me...... Yippie....
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))