Author Topic: Project: Crusade  (Read 26581 times)

Offline Skullar

Slashibashi ! Hows the going ?

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Campaign status:

Its going alright, though im having trouble trying to put together a model for the Death Cloud.
Thus my attempts to make the Second battle of the Line a branching battle may scrapped.

Ive been attempting to assemble a frame using the GVI Karnak. as the Central Core, with the Sahr/Polaris Drydock pieces as additional structure. However, ive not been able to merge them into one model. I may just import the individual pieces and assemable the thing in in FRED.

I do need modellers, for other ships quite urgently

Currently, im putting together a series of missions that take place at the beginning of Call to Arms, before the Charon heads to B5.

I also have a small group of missions planned as a sort of prologue to the whole thing. However, this micro campaign will be stand-alone as well.
e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline maje

Here's a quick doodle I did on my lunch break.  Don't know if this is what you had in mind for a "Thunderbolt"-inspired Shadow fighter.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Actually, that is Surpisingly similar to my own design.

Basically, I started with thunderbolt art found at http://efni.org/Thunderbolt.htm and drew spikes over it to make it look shadowish.

the differences are that mine has multiple spikes along the bottom and sides of the main body. Also the the tail-spines split in two near the ned, remniscent of the fins on Starfury/Thunderbolt Engines

Note: For some reason, the stupid like refuses to goe to the correct site and instead goes to a youtube vid
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 11:01:05 pm by terran_emperor »

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline starlord

Looks great! Thunbs up!

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Yep, Lets go with that design for the EA/Shadow Hybrid fighter.
There is another Black-ops fighter. But that one is a simple reskin of the Thunnderbolt.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline starlord

Yummy: Me loooves black ops! ;7

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Well, Im not saying anything other than most of the plot for Project Crusade revolves around 3 Black-Ops groups im not saying any more than that.
 But, there will be some rather surprising revelations and twist in S4 and S5

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Just finished Listing the ships that I need for this. Whist going through, I decided to Cut several ships Such as the Moradi shuttle and Speeder. Some ships i decided i would import from other FS Campaigns rather than try (or rather than ask someone) to model them.

Currently I only need i only need 11 models made. and only three of them are actuall ships
1) Technomage Shuttle
2) Hybrid fighter (Hopefully Maje's design)
3) [Eyes Only] -> Maje has made this model and was in the proccess of getting it in game. Not needed till Crusade year 3 (the 4th campaign)

The remaining models are Scenery, like the Lunar Surface.
4) Surface - Valley
5) Surface - Hills
6) Surface - Mountain region
Various other skins needed for these

Buildings
7-11)See earliar post for details. on the 5 building sizes

The rest of the ships will be reskins and/or TBL/POF Hacks of current TBP ships and other FS ships

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline maje

Theoretically, I see no reason why the EA/Shadow hybrid should get all fubared upon export unlike that other TBP-related model (I'll have to go throughout the Max file and re-set everything up which is going to suck balls.  Especially when said ship needs to be that way for animation code purposes).

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline den5

EA/Shadow hybrid

[Moderator note: URL removed. We already have a Hybrid model in the mod]

Change tbl files to your desire if you want.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:11:33 pm by IPAndrews »

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Erm. I already know that model. Several missions will make heavy use of it. The hybrids im talking about being mafe are fighters. According to the Script of "to the Ends of the Earth", at one point, the Shadow Hybrid releases fighters which go after the Excalibur. To my knowledge, the script never said whether they were starfuries, Spitfires or hybrids. Now the use of Starfuries would make it obvious who the hybrid belongs to.
Also, Id prefer not to use Spitfires for anything other than with Pure shadow vessels

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline -Norbert-

It wouldn't make much sense either to use Spitfires. After all if those Black Ops EA, or whoever they are, had access to the plans and manufacturing methods of the Shadows they would have made a full-fledges "Spider" instead of the Hybrid, so they surely can't just reproduce the fighters either.

Besides in the Technomage Trilogy Galen scannes a Hybrid (the very one that destroyed the Cerberus) and finds out that basically only the shadow skin, the weapon systems and the "main computer" are shadow technology, with the rest being earth tech.

With "main comptuer" (or "machine component" as the shadows used to call it) I mean of course some poor bastard who's been plugged into the ship and acts as central processor, not even knowing any longer that he is (or rather was) Human once.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Well, untill the hybrid fighter gets made, I will be using Spitfires as place-holder's

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline maje

A quick pic of the model sheet.  I'm thinking that the modeling itself shouldn't be too much of a pain.  Also, the odds of this getting ingame are much better than the Hand Brittlestar.  Quite frankly, there are too many little things about the Brittlestar that are causing havok with bounding boxes, animation code, and the like to warrant continually messing around with it.  That's not to say it won't ever show up, it's just that currently, since I have no use for it, don't expect or bother me to work on it.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
about landscapes:
ask around at the forum of the 158th.... maybe even at the forum of the Starfox mod-team

about buildings:
shiv_pl had some in the beta files of his one mod (quite bricky things) ... I'll go ask him for them if you like
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline maje

Here's two renders of a group of EA "Shadowbolt" Star Furies, though I'm more partial to Munin-class which has a historical background in Norse Mythology.  Munin was one of two ravens that sat perched on Odin's shoulders and represented "memory".  The other raven, Hugin, represented "Thought".

I figured the Shadowbolt looks like a crow head from the side view and did a little research into mythological symbolisms for crows in European history.  I figured Munin sounded appropriate for the class designation since the shadowbolt "reminds" people of the Shadows' legacy and that it's associated with a god (the king of Norse Gods, no doubt), is in perfect reference to the Shadows themselves.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Always found it a bit weird that Earth, of all the races in B5, seems to be the only one with access to both Shadow and Vorlon tech. The Excalibur is a mixture of Minbari and Vorlon-style technologies, and the Hybrid Cruisers, obviously, were based on Shadow tech.

That said, I never did quite figure out why an EA Captain got assigned to an Alliance vessel in the first place with Excalibur, the ship was supposed to be a Destroyer to help the dwindling numbers of Whitestars, so why wasn't the captain a member of the Rangers? It was the one part of the series that always confused me.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
The rangers always operated in the shadows (behind the scenes not the race) until they were needed like during the Shadow war.  After the Shadow war was over maybe they returned to that way leaving the open operations to the League's various defense forces. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I suspect JMS could probably give a reason, it was, obviously, EA that were responsible for the defence of Earth, so maybe the Alliance loaned them their best ship to help, after all, Sheridan had a vested interest in helping his Homeworld, but it still strikes me as kind of like the Centauri asking the Breen to test their newest, most powerful ship for them.

Edit: Admittedly, this was set after the Telepath wars, so any 'official' special ops teams wouldn't work like Black Omega, though you might get a situation similar to the GTI and GTVI.