Author Topic: Project: Crusade  (Read 26580 times)

Offline maje

who the hell are are the Breen?
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Not the Breen, wrong series, it was, after all, posted at around 4am.

Offline -Norbert-

I suspect JMS could probably give a reason, it was, obviously, EA that were responsible for the defence of Earth, so maybe the Alliance loaned them their best ship to help, after all, Sheridan had a vested interest in helping his Homeworld

I'm not absolutely sure, since I havn't seen ACTA in a while, but I think I remember something like that being told in the "end-monologue". That the alliance borrowed the Excalibur to the EA so they could find a cure.

It also makes sense. The Rangers (btw, they are the "police" of the ISA, and certainly not working behind the scenes - at least not all of them), acting behind the scenes like they used to, didn't have any big ships. They needed quite a time to adapt to the Whitestar in the series and due to the plague they didn't have time for that.
So instead they loan the ship to the EA who can draw from a lot of crews experienced with operating such big and powerfull ships.

Offline terran_emperor

• 7 Impossible Requests Before Breakfast
  • Kane Live in Death
Sorry Ive been out of it for so long. Ive started FREDing A Call to Arms. Ive also decided how to fill up Crusade season 2 and how to end Season 3.

Any Black Omega's that turn up will be Psicorps Remnants. Im thinking of picking up a thread from the unmade episode "Value Judgements".

BTW Maje how progresses the Munin Shadow bolt?

e = m csarged - Relativity according to Sarge [Red vs Blue]

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP's only Goro Naya (Great Leader) fan

"I really wasn't expecting this much losership"

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline maje

The Munin seems fine in terms of modeling, though I'm wondering if it could stand to have its polygon count cut down a bit.  Last time I looked at it, the count was around 900 tris or so, which seems rather high when considering the ships it's based off of are lower (Thunderbolt is 537 tris, Spitfire is approx.  300).  I think that I'll need to trim down, but once that's done, LODs should be easy.

What WILL need to be addressed is game balance and tech specs.  Since the Munin uses the Thunderbolt as its design basis, I'm thinking that it will have a rapid fire cannon (actually, I'm considering just using the Thunderbolt's cannon).  Earth should have an impressive hybrid Shadow fighter, but I want to make it clear that their grasp of technology isn't sufficient enough to create a fighter as powerful as the Spitfire.  You can have Shadow bio armor or the quantum cannon, but not both.  Besides, if any race deserves to have a fighter that comes close to the Spitfire, it SHOULD be the Drakh.  Seriously, JMS made them out to be the boogeymen of Centauri Prime just to be demoted to the level of incompetent Raiders for the run of Crusade.  For the ELITE servants of the Shadows who had access to all their tech, they sure do get their asses kicked.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline starlord

So call to arms will be planet killer less? You plan to include the victory however, don't you?

Offline maje

The Victory is already included with the Babylon Project.

Also, I just finished creating the LOD models.  LOD 0 is 508 tris, LOD 1 is 288, LOD 2 is 188, and LOD 3 is 130.  I may do things fire points, paths, and subsystems tomorrow.  And then see what crap POF Exporter gives me.... meh.   :doubt:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 06:17:01 pm by maje »

Offline starlord

LOD?

Please excuse the newb.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Level Of Detail, basically each model in Freespace is actually several models, using less and less polygons. As the model gets further from the 'camera', the game swaps between the models so they are using less of the computers runtime :)

Offline Topgun

who the hell are are the Breen?

not who but what. answer: breen is a narn delicacy. soggy but meaty.
ok, I am a nerd

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Breen is the narn dish that tastes identicle to sweedish meat balls. every race has a dish that tastes like sweedish meatballs.

okay on topic.

For the inital part of the ACTA campaign, you will be a pilot for the charon, ivolved in some initial duties.

After the initial police action sequence, you move onto actual adaptations of ACTA. You then can choose wether to serve as a pilot for the victory  or Excaliber. Im working on making the campaign branching depending on which ship you choose. For example if you choose the Excaliber you follow the drakh into the Null field. if Victory, you stay with the victory

Im also trying to get the shadow planet killer ingame so i can make the "Second Battle of the Line" branching. Ie you stay to defend the Victory/excaliber - in which case you witness the film events first hand in missions - or you go to fufill another objective (help an omega in distress?) - which leads to a series of missions (disarming a DH Distroyer, chasing down Plague carriers, that sort of stuff), while the movie events in the cloud happen in cutscene missions.

I will be taking some creative licence with the film events though to make it a bit more..(what ever that word is)...for example, above Daltron VII, instead of 4 Drakh raiders you encounter 2 Cruiser and 2 destroyers.

Oh i finally managed to convert that Technomage shuttle model i found from a .cob to a .pof and started adding subsytems and paths, but...

The textures dont work. In PCS2 the ship shows up as a dark silhouette with no texures. Even after adding the textures in. When i try selecting them, they dont hilight a specific section.

Maje. Can i send you the Model files and ask if you can see what you can do with them? If you open the .pof with pcs2, and select textures, you'll see my problem instantly.

One request though. if you can get it working, can you shrink the thing down. The model is too large; acording to b5Tech, the ship is supposed to be 30 meters long, yet the model is the size of a small cruiser.

TRUE SHIVAN

"Only one thing is impossible for a Vorlon to understand: How to change the IRQ setting in any DOS computer."

HLP Brit

Offline Topgun

can you post the model? I can see if I can fix it.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Sure PM me your email and ill send it to you on monday. Current whereabouts: an internet café. It will be just over a week before i can post properly again.

PS it has to be via e-mail - the "add atatchment" thing for this forum doesnt like me.

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline maje

terran_emperor, when are you planning on being online next?  I wanted to see about coordinating efforts to get the shadowbolt underway.  I will probably be online tomorrow.  I'm on US Eastern Standard Time, so as of right now, it's 6:02 PM.  I might even be online later tonight, depending on how awake I am.  Getting 5-6 hours of sleep is taking its toll.  :shaking:

Offline maje

So, the Munin works in game and has been setup.  All that's really needed at this point is beta testing to work out game balancing, and a nifty "shadowbolt" icon for HUD display (since I'm using the Shadow spitfire as a temp).

Can't think of anything else at the moment, so anytime terran_emperor is ready to receive his EA BlackOps package (from Z'ha'dum with love no doubt), he can PM me and I'll send it over.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
maje, im several hours ahead of you. UK British Sumertime...As i cant post regularly till next week,  lets wait till then.
P.S. The Technomage shuttle files should be on their way soon.

In other news, the only music tracks that Crusade seems to use are "WarZone Suite", "Elizabeth" and "the Main/ending title". Therefore, i will be importing a few tracks from BluePlanet: AoA after ive diced WarZone suite into a set

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Topgun

the shuttle is WAY, way, WAY to high poly. so I just will remake the thing from scratch.
so, can I make some little touches to the ship and texture? I just hate that jet black paper airplane look.

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
I agree.

Leave the TBL entry to me, i have the stats for it on my home PC. dimensions should be 30m from the nose to the back. wingspan should be something like 30-35m for each wing and the fin should bring height to about 20-25m...(all rough guesses) i will try to work out the proper size and het back to you

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline terran_emperor

• Kane Live in Death
Work is on hold till after exams

TRUE SHIVAN

HLP Brit

Offline Topgun

I agree.
agree with what? that I should add detail to the model or that it has too many polygons?