Author Topic: Freespace 2 freezes at Pilot select, OS X 10.5 - partially fixed  (Read 1571 times)

Freespace 2 freezes at Pilot select, OS X 10.5 - partially fixed
Hi, this is my first time posting here.  I'm a big fan of what this community has done with FS2. 

A few months back I re-downloaded FS2 onto my new Macbook Pro, along with all the fixings (upgrades) and what appeared to be every single finished fan project/mod.  But because I didn't have a Joystick with me, I chose to hold off playing it.

However, I recently got a joystick, and upgraded my operating system to Leopard, and was all set to play through FS2.

I engaged all of the old settings in FS_open that I had engaged on my PPC G5 iMac (played the heck out of it, and never had any problems), and was all set to play it... when I got to the pilot select screen... it freezes.  I have to reboot to get out.

If someone could tell me what exactly I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.  I've already accepted that I probably didn't install something correctly,  I just need some guidance in correcting it.  I looked around, but didn't seem to find any threads on this topic.  Again, if I missed something, please sic Captain Obvious on me.  Thanks.

EDIT:
Well, turns out it was a resolution issue.  I didn't have it set right, and so it froze up whenever it went "off" the screen and into the blackbox.

But then later after I'd been playing for a while, I went into the settings menu, and accidentally froze it when I went off the edge.  At this point, I had figured out the problem, and set my resolution properly.

How the heck do I avoid crashing?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 01:28:32 am by Robochocobo »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Freespace 2 freezes at Pilot select, OS X 10.5 - partially fixed
Sound familiar?

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3713

It's from BtRL but the code for 3.6.9 and the BtRL build are virtually identical so you could get the same problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]