Author Topic: Problem in FSPort 3.0.4 running on FS2 SCP 3.0.9 final  (Read 2114 times)

Problem in FSPort 3.0.4 running on FS2 SCP 3.0.9 final
In FSPort, after an early mission where you destroy vasudan fighters in a cargo depot while waiting for a cruiser, I get

"Error: Invalid medal name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( and
      ( is-goal-true-delay
         "Capture the Rasputin"
      )
      ( is-goal-true-delay
         "Capture the Omega"
      )
   )
   ( grant-medal "Commendation Medal" )
)
(Error appears to be: Commendation Medal)
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 5798
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------"

when loading the next mission. FSPort is still playable, but I get that or a similar message while loading every mission after that one. Does anybody have any advice? Thanks.

(Oh, and if I posted in the wrong category, I'm sorry. This is my first post.)

Also, I'm having graphics problems. See attached picture.k

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 02:04:46 pm by reubenwu »

Offline Clawandfang

• Resident writer
Re: Problem in FSPort 3.0.4 running on FS2 SCP 3.0.9 final
:welcome:

For future reference, you would have been better off posting on the "Freespace & Freespace Open Support" board, but it doesn't matter for your first post.

The Commendation Medal definately exists, and to my inexperienced FRED eyes the SEXPs look okay... all I can suggest is re-installation is case the file MissionParse.cpp didn't install correctly.

Depending on how bothered you can be to try something which probably won't help, as if the file didn't install correctly there would probably have been bigger problems than a missing medal, you may wish to hang on for further help, and maybe ask in the support section.

One thing you could try is not capturing the Rasputan, so that Freespace doesn't look for the medal, but this is pretty poor advice...

As for your graphics problem, I can't help but the inevitable questions will be asking about your graphics card and your settings, so be prepeared to answer that type of question.
No one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't go anywhere except where its rails take it.

If you're interested in the classic film, "The Land Before Time", then come visit a land before time forum.