Author Topic: Special hits in MP  (Read 1714 times)

Offline Shade

Anyone know if these are supposed to work in multi? While FRED does let you enable them, it seems it doesn't get saved as they're disabled again once you load the mission back in.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Been using them in the TBP build of 3.6.9 with no problems.  Even set them on player ships in a dogfight and they worked.   Now getting FRED to not mess them up when you edit them is the real trick. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shade

Ah, good. I'll just do an endrun around FRED and notepad them in, then :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Clawandfang

• Resident writer
Ah, good. I'll just do an endrun around FRED and notepad them in, then :)
Heh, I remeber the days when FRED wouldn't work if you edited anything in notepad. Well, mine didn't anyway.
No one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't go anywhere except where its rails take it.

If you're interested in the classic film, "The Land Before Time", then come visit a land before time forum.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've always use notepad (well ms-dos editor back then) and never had any problems with FRED.   Heck half the time it was the only way to get your mission back after FRED crashed on you.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras