Author Topic: Turret Limit?  (Read 1616 times)

What's the limit for turrets if I may ask? I've looked around the Wiki and did a search and so on and so forth but couldn't find anything conclusive.
    One thread back in April says something about 100 limit for single-part turrets, which is defined because the programs only work in single digits? I don't know if PCS2 has changed this at all (not your area really of course). But the poster though the engine could handle more than 100?
    Also read something like multipart turrets are limited to 50? So the limits like 1-50 Multi, 1-100 Single with 100 limit total?

Just wondering, thanks.  ;)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yes I am pretty sure that 100 is the limit, I would check PCS2 for you but it doesn't work that well with me anymore...
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Yes I am pretty sure that 100 is the limit, I would check PCS2 for you but it doesn't work that well with me anymore...

Oh, my computer doesn't like PCS2 at all for some reason. So . . . I wouldn't be able to really check :) Maybe once I figure out why the two of them don't get along.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Does that limit have to do with PCS2 or the game engine?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
There's a hidden turret limit, too. I think after something like 40 multipart turrets, the game stops moving/using the rest. I was never able to figure out what the limit was that caused it to happen, but it's something to watch out for - just because the game lets you add the turrets doesn't mean they'll all work at the same time. (in other words: do some firing tests)

Edit: Used the possessive instead of the plural. That's the first time I remember having to do that in ten years...
-C

40?  Drats... well better than pcs1 30.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"