Author Topic: Making a beam miss  (Read 5071 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
A better thing to do is to leave it there for the entire course of the mission. In this case, there will be no "Target Blip Arrived" in the F4 Mission Log, and no warp either.

Isn't that what I said?  The only difference is my idea moves it into position for firing then moves it back.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've tested my theory.  It was a little harder than one simple event but is doable.  Basically it's 3 looping events that fire the beam first then move the target where you want the beam to fire (I know it seems backwards) then move it back.  It's backwards due to the beam warm up time.  Target needs to be where you want it when the beam actually fires not when the fire-beam is issued.  I'm attaching a semi-working test mission.  It needs refined for the beam cycle time and turret cone of fire but works for the first couple of shots. 

[attachment deleted by ninja]
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras