Author Topic: Donation Drive  (Read 33505 times)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Alright, HLP needs YOU. :) We're basically out of funds in the PayPal account (we've got $1.72 in there), which means that if the check for the banner ad income either isn't sufficient to cover the monthly server cost, or is late in arriving at its destination, there's no reserve money to keep the server running.

So, I humbly request that if you can spare some cash, you do so with the utmost haste. :)

Donate here. Please? Pwetty pwease??

Thank you!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Dang that was fast! Thanks!
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
$1.72?

You could have warned us before...is there a way to monitor the amount of money?

Is it possible to donate money from here? As far as I know, PayPal works for everything.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Give it a try - can't hurt. :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Will do it in the immediate future :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

How much do the monthly fees cost anyway?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I don't remember offhand, but it was along the lines of $100+/mo.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
how much space does the site use, and how much traffic/month on avrage?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Not sure... you'd have to ask MatthewPapa about that. We're sharing a dedicated server with GameWarden. The main strain is actually not on bandwidth of server space, but on CPU cycles. The forums are VERY active and demanding.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I don't remember offhand, but it was along the lines of $100+/mo.

Found the amount - $108/m.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I hate to be this way, but.

How much do you have in ad revenue?  I know adsense lets you check.

Here, have 10 bucks, regardless.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:23:19 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I'm recharging my paypal account right now, should take 3-5 days for the money to transfer from my checking.  I'll get to you then.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I hate to be this way, but.

How much do you have in ad revenue?  I know adsense lets you check.

Here, have 10 bucks, regardless.

The ad revenue goes to MP; last I heard from him, it was around $60-70/month. The problem is, sometimes the check from Google doesn't get there in time, since they only send it if the income has passed $100, and then only on a certain date of the month. So if we get $70 income in March, for example, and the check is potentially sent on the 5th of the following month, April, then unless the remaining $30 came in in those 5 days, the check will not be sent until the next 5th of the month, in May (presuming that by then the ad income has passed $100).

Ergo, we need a fallback cache of funds for when "the check's in the mail". ;)

Offline est1895

Hey guys.  I'd give 10 bucks but i don't have a credit card.  Can I mail it to you monthly? This website is great and you guys are.....welllll...ok. Please get back to me ;7 ;7 :yes:

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I just sent in $20, thanks for keeping HLP and GW around for so many years.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
You guys rock. You are keeping the dream alive! Major thanks to each and every one of you who donated!!

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Guys, we do need a SCUMM Buck-o-MeterTM ASAP...

I hope the emergency is solved

:p :p :p :p :p
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Donated.  You guys rock, let's keep it up.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:welcome: and thanks for the donation. :)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
here... have a month