Author Topic: Fraxy  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
I learned of this game on an old thread here, and finally downloaded it.  Instead of digging up the old one, I'll start a new one.  So, down to business.  Who all has this and do you have any good bosses that you made?  I have a couple, I'll post them if anybody still cares.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Synopsis?
Is it like a game creation toolset? I wanna make a boss :(
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

No plot.

I have the game (in fact I made the original thread).

The program has two components: the game, where you fight endless random bosses... and the boss builder, which is fairly self-explanatory.

I made one boss... but it's rather pathetic. However, I have downloaded a multitude of new bosses from an exhaustive Google search, some of which are quite challenging (there is one... the "Mobius" which is absolutely ****ing broken, in fact. You flat-out have to be using the shield or at least the decoy to beat this thing).

Link from my topic: Site is here.

Ok, here's a few extra bosses; I will note that the "node" boss is particularly irritating. :ick:

Ah, the famous Az Bosses:D
FYI: some of these guys are ludicrously difficult and the Orbic series in particular is a real framerate killer. You have been warned.

And the grand finale: the largest collection I've seen yet.
Again, a couple of these are killers (especially the aforementioned Mobius series). Watch yourself.

Also attached are DarkRevanantX's Freespace designs (yes you heard me right) and his extraordinarily irritating "Court of the Star Chamber".
As an afterthought: the only boss I've bothered to put together: the Chaos Emerald.

To add bosses: simply drop into the "Enemy" folder. They'll pop up during random play (or you could choose from a list, if you wish to fight a particular one).

If you still aren't satisfied, try looking up DrunkGoomba on Youtube. He often posts videos of himself fighting various quite awesome looking bosses, and usually offers to send them to you if you ask.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 10:22:44 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

So....what is this? An FPS?
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
If you liked this, you may also like Battleships Forever.  Though it's not a boss-fight game, there's a nice ship editor in a similar style as fraxy and the ability to have fleets beat the crap out of each other.

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
Well, since there's at least a little interest, here are my bosses.  The small, medium, and heavy carriers all come with their own fighter compliment.  That's what the "wings" are for, to dock the fighters.  Watch out for the heavy carrier, it has a lot of engines and will blow right through you.

:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
If you liked this, you may also like Battleships Forever.  Though it's not a boss-fight game, there's a nice ship editor in a similar style as fraxy and the ability to have fleets beat the crap out of each other.

Been messing with that for a while now.

WARNING:

Be sure that you keep the installers for every version that you make ships with. I made around 20 ships, then s/he updated the editor and none of them worked.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
It turned out that the maker of Battleships Forever was someone I knew pretty well from a Warcraft III community I frequently visited.  It's a small world...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
And it turns out that I found out about FS2 on the BSF forum.
Amazing.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
This editor's pretty neat. Here's a boss of mine - it's kind of all over the place, and it's pretty clear I was just making it up as I went along, but it was fun to make if nothing else.