Author Topic: Halo story  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Actually, the Forerunners named humans as their inheritors, apparently seeing more potential in us than the rest of the varying species throughout the galaxy. Any human is therefore a "Reclaimer" of their technology.
I don't think any human... Granted, quite a few humans are reclaimers and no humans are explicitly called "meddlers" or anything, but I don't think all humans would be reclaimers...

Offline Inquisitor

I think that's not true, the book written by the Halo story guy that was a prequel to Halo (With Sgt. Johnson as the main character) seemed to make reference to all humans on the colony world "Reclaimers" if I recall correctly.

Wasn't a bad bit of pulpy fiction that book...
No signature.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ah, Contact Harvest. I haven't read any of the Halo books myself.

The Flood wasn't the best, but Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx are all quite good. Haven't yet read Contact Harvest myself...

Anyway, more support for all humans being Reclaimers: in Halo 2 Spark calls Miranda Keys a Reclaimer, and in The Flood, Spark also notes a severely mangled human body that he admits had tried to make it through the Library before the Chief, saying: "Ah, the other Reclaimer. His combat skin was even less effective than yours."
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Anyway, more support for all humans being Reclaimers: in Halo 2 Spark calls Miranda Keys a Reclaimer, and in The Flood, Spark also notes a severely mangled human body that he admits had tried to make it through the Library before the Chief, saying: "Ah, the other Reclaimer. His combat skin was even less effective than yours."
Okay, I agree about that... But if all humans are reclaimers, Spark should just have teleported every single human on the ring to the library to help the MC. The Library was a crappy level IMO. :doubt:

Maybe Spark's all-important protocols dictated only one Reclaimer at a time going through the Library... I don't know.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Maybe Spark's all-important protocols dictated only one Reclaimer at a time going through the Library... I don't know.
The Sentinels he sent to help didn't do much either. For an all-powerful race, you'd think the Forerunners would have more badass stuff in their installations. Too bad we never saw something better than a lightbulb with a laser.