Author Topic: TBP 3.4b release candidate 2 feedback  (Read 8203 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
TBP 3.4b release candidate 2 feedback
Please report your experiences with the TBP 3.4b release candidate release here. If you are reporting a bug here please note that not all bugs can or will be fixed. Check the list of unfixable bugs below. Also, don't post requests for new features, or new ships in this thread. Thanks all.

Unfixable:

1. Black square over buttons (game engine bug)
2. Skullar's epsilon 3 background (promised but never sent)
3. "Drums of War I" mission 3 "Dropping the Sledgehammer" and a background planet had a black square around it (I don't have the knowledge or tools to fix alpha channel issues)
4. Ships (inc B5) don't rotate in multiplayer
5. the RW Mission1 briefing (last stage) has still a incomplete voice file,
6. Asteroid model doesn't display when clicked in briefings.
7. Inferno build crashes in Multiplayer.
8. No rotation in subobject Multiplayer.
9. Cannot assign orders to DH Mothership (supercap object type hardcoded limitation)
10. Whitestar & Bluestar cannot be used in TvT or dogfight missions.
11. All large player craft cause respawn position problems in dogfights.  Examples Shadow Heavy Assault and ISA Bluestar
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 03:03:40 pm by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline rwm

Re: TBP 3.4b release candidate 2 feedback
10. Whitestar cannot be used in TvT or dogfight missions.

Is the Bluestar crash in COOP also unfixable?
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2352/bugrs6.jpg

What was fixed from the last RC version?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Quote from: rwm link=topic=53327.msg1077884#msg1077884

Probably.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
What was fixed from the last RC version?

Important things. You need the latest version to guarantee compatability with future campaign releases.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

I can work around this one but modifying that mission but it will have to wait until after the official 3.4b release.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
So we have one minor bug? Anyone played through a campaign with this new release?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
In the last release but not since the latest fix. But hey, why shouldn't it work?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It's a different game executable.  :shaking: Sure the changes are unlikely to make a difference to overall game stability but every now and again something unexpected happens. It's always worth a retest after an update. Especially when it's something as critical as the game engine.

I'll test it myself this weekend but hopefully someone else can also find the time.

Offline Vidmaster

will do

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Vidmaster

RW intro mission text looks weird (the Ragesh3 text)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Nah it's supposed to look like that. It's true to the show actually.

Offline Vidmaster

well, on my PC it's not the like looking blue-white text, it's like three of those textes above each other

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
It's a light blue/white text overlayed over a blue text. Same as the show. :)

Playted EMW Demo and most of Raider wars, everyting seems ok,  trying multiplayer for first time and it seemed to work no one was on though 9:46 P.M. NYC time.  I like it.

Offline Shade

Just installed 3.4b to get up to date for the multi session tonight (forgot last week and annoyed everyone due to mission transfers. Sorry. :nervous:), and I noticed that when the installer is finished, you have to use the 'escape' option to get out of it instead of being presented with a 'finish' button instead of the grayed-out 'proceed'. Really really minor, but I found it a bit annoying that you have to essentially click the abort button to finish installation.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:15:32 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Unfortionatly you didn't include the fov fix.  Is it planed for final?  Or is there a 3.6.9 build that I can use and still retain multiplayer?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
The FOV fix is a 3.6.10 thing not 3.6.9.  Unless someone comes up with a major flaw this is most likely the final. 

No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

nothing here, campaign seems to work too

@FUBAR
Nope its not,  its a simple patch designed by Murleen. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52185.0.html

True, its now committed to all newer builds.  But one of those is a mac version of the 3.6.9 build http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52258.0.html

It would be a simple thing to include it in a windows build. (or at least it seemed simple enough for tinman to make a mac version)   I would do it myself if i knew anything about coding.

Wouldn't even have to be a new release.  Just put up a link to the new .exe next to the release.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 07:56:22 pm by Darklord42 »