Author Topic: Lilith  (Read 65230 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Lilith is a Shivan Mjolnir with engines and defensive batteries...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
A Lilith blockade would be pretty hard to push through, eh?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I don't see why no one is taking in consideration the fact that many table entries in FS2 are ":wtf:", like the Mentu. The LRed probably was for the Ravana, Demon and Sathanas only. :v: simply didn't create a "MRed" beam or simply forgot about the LRed's recharge time.

That would explain why the Moloch is so weak, LReds would have been an exaggerate option for it. Please remember what these ships do in the main campaign: we have Molochs attacking convoys, small warships and destroyers and just one Lilith attacking a few warships. Game testing probably led to an exaggerate weakening of the Moloch with the Lilith remaining untouched by the power of BalanceTM.

Wait a second, wasn't the Asuras supposed to be a Lilith? :P
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yeah, but it pawned everything so they changed it to a Cain. :D

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
A Lilith is so strong to strike fear in FS2. It shows how powerfull the Shivans are in FS2. Meant to scare the player and amaze him/her by the 'Power of the ShivansTM'.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yeah, but it pawned everything so they changed it to a Cain. :D

The mission would have been more interesting and no, I don't think the Lilith would have won easily.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well it would have done too much damage anyhow (enough damage to warrant it being toned down).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
More damage than a Cain but not enough to handle two Deimos and Herc II fighters. The beam turret could be easily destroyed.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, I mean it would do too much damage to the Lysander or Actium, bringing them to around 50%, before the Ravana even arrives.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Then the mission would have failed before the arrival of the Ravana. So?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Lilith would have done too much damage. :v: changed it to a Cain for balance reasons, end of story. You can't change history, Mobius!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Who's changing what? :wtf:

The Great Hunt is basically a "sit and wait" mission where the player doesn't really change the general scheme of things. It must have been different with a Lilith instead of that Cain.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well this argument is completely pointless.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Yes, it was a bit pointless to change the Asuras' ship class. :nervous:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, it was pointless to argue about why Volition changed its class when we all know we're both right, but we decided to go on a random rant about random stuff that is inconsequential as to whether or not corn looks similar to Hillary Clinton's ass.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I think it just goes to show how the Shivans have superior technology and when they really want to kill a ship quickly they send a well armed cruiser or a couple of well armed cruisers and the Lilith has the power to do it.  Its specialized and superior.  Consider the Sathanas versus the Colossus and the firepower difference there.  Now when you scale it down to an Aeolus versus a Lilith its not all that incredible.

It's still too far out there. The Sathanas isn0t that much better than a Colossus.... the Lilith just doesn't fit with the mold.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I agree with TrashMan on that one. The Lilith is ridiculously overpowered. It's like a superdestroyer.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I think it just goes to show how the Shivans have superior technology and when they really want to kill a ship quickly they send a well armed cruiser or a couple of well armed cruisers and the Lilith has the power to do it.  Its specialized and superior.  Consider the Sathanas versus the Colossus and the firepower difference there.  Now when you scale it down to an Aeolus versus a Lilith its not all that incredible.

It's still too far out there. The Sathanas isn0t that much better than a Colossus.... the Lilith just doesn't fit with the mold.
Hrrmm I seem to remember the Colossus struggling to take down a disarmed Sathanas and another Sathanas wrecking the Colossus in just a few shots.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.

The Sath has 4* the beams as the Collie.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The Colossus STARTED disabled, with a damaged hull (66% methinks) and had to fight off a destroyer before the Sath arrived...not to mention it was placed JUST outside the range of most of it's beams.

In a 1 on 1 the Saht will win, yes, but the difference between the Sath and Collie is similar to the difference between any terran/vasudan capship and it's shivan counterpart. The Lilith is different tough.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!