Author Topic: Lilith  (Read 64826 times)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, if you're a regular cheater (like me), you may notice that bullet-time can only be achieved by typing www.freespace2.com in a mission before decreasing time compression. It's very useful for you to get up to an extra four seconds of decision-making per second.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
What the ... is bullet time? Anyway in case you didn't know what I was talking about, I meant increased time compression, i.e. 2x and 4x speed (in retail), which can be done without cheats. :)
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Nuclear1

.25 and .5 time compression = bullet time.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I remember the first time I discovered about time compression when learning how to double missiles in a mission...I didn't know how to put it back! So I always used to restart the mission.
Yeah I did that too. I was trying to see if I could double link primaries so they wnet twice as fast or something... They did, but so did everything else...

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Vintage mode. Pity it's coloured. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I remember the first time I discovered about time compression when learning how to double missiles in a mission...I didn't know how to put it back! So I always used to restart the mission.
Yeah I did that too. I was trying to see if I could double link primaries so they wnet twice as fast or something... They did, but so did everything else...
I always did that in retail, then I figured out that it was a feature and not a bug.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
They probably added such a feature because they guessed that new FREDders might draw out sequences, such as flying ten klicks with nothing happening whatsoever.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
They probably added such a feature because they guessed that new FREDders might draw out sequences, such as flying ten klicks with nothing happening whatsoever.
Or for skipping dialog during testing.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Or for skipping dialog during testing.

Oh yeah, that too, as Blue Planet might imply.
My blog

MP-Ryan

That doesn't work, I've tried it once. The messages just keep coming at normal pace, no matter how much you speed it up. In retail, anyway.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
That doesn't work, I've tried it once. The messages just keep coming at normal pace, no matter how much you speed it up. In retail, anyway.

In my experience, what happens is that the messages can be sped up, but their sound files cannot, so the messages are only played as fast as their sound files are.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The head ANIs will speed up, though... :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
It's actually quite funny when you do that, because they get all mixed up, so it's like
"stand down, we're on yer side here!"
"Damn it, Command let Bosch escape"
"You can discuss this at your debriefing..." etc.

Usually I use it to skip boring parts, like waiting for ships to arrive or exit, or return to their waypoint path.
His legacy will last until the beginning.