Author Topic: A Nuber Capella theory  (Read 5280 times)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
A Nuber Capella theory
The Juggernauts are an energy collection squad. Their juggernauts were used to start, control, and transport the supernova. The power they need to generate then is enormous, and multiplied through over 80 ships is enough to nuke the star (concider the energy those beams and the engines must generate, focus it all into one task, multiply by over 80, and that's a huge amount of power). The subspace activity the intelligence detected is them making the whole star vibrate at close to the right frequensy. Once it goes kabloom, a large number of juggernauts jump to control the nova on the other side of the portal, while the rest continue to manage the ex/im plosion. The energy is then funnelled into the shivan power supply so some shivan can watch the shivan television. The armour the juggernauts wear is extremely heat resistant, in fact, ==beamz== do more damage than )))novaz))). So they can last for a time (but not for too long) in super hot temperatures.

The GTVA were battling the shivans a bit, so they took capella, so it would damage the GTVA rather than blow a whole shivan system, cause a whole system getting blown apart isn't a great thing to the shivans either. Capella would cause minimal hurt to the shivans, but devestate the GTVA.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Re: A Nuber Capella theory
But the Juggernauts that stayed were powered down...............(all black, no glowmaps etc)

And shivans don't watch TV because they have no acting ability :p
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

What about those smaller Shivan ships that stayed behind? Sounds like quite some unnecessary losses.
I do think we play a bigger part in the story.

EDIT: Well, maybe not. But just some electricity (or whatever they use) seems too 'normal' to me to make a game about it. Dunno how to explain.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 09:50:05 am by FreeSpaceFreak »

Why didn't they just blow up Gamma Draconis, but instead fought their way to capella? Not that it was too hard for them, but it took time and some losses.
Lead me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way!!

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
My theory explains that by stating that the Shivans didn't even want Capella to go supernova, and were taken by surprise when the star blew up. They were probably collecting energy or special particles from the star or something and suddenly it went BOOM due to the stress exerted by the subspace fluxes required to gather what they wanted to collect. They chose Capella probably because it was a star that had what they wanted to collect...

I'm not sure how well my theory holds up, though my campaign is practically based on it.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
@ Colonol Dekker: If you task an entire power supply for a city block for a time to one task, the lights might go off (you see that in movies, all the power is absorbed or focused to the task of creating a monster). If you focused as mutch power as possible into a task, it's a bit useless to leave glowing red blips on the ship because they look good. They might actually be where excess power is used (into pulsing red lights), but when they do their task, they flick off.

@ FreeSpaceFreak: Think of the fighting warships of the shivans as hounds. They protect the task going on (like building a building) and chase away thieves and other stuff. But they aren't worth that much (comparibly). When the task is in more trouble, a worker or other human comes in to sort it out (eg, juggernaut jumps in to take out collie). The losses, according to my theory, were minimal to the shivans, because there were so many of them. The juggernaut getting destroyed was not that minimal though.

@ Steel prophet: They required blowing up a star, so they chose capella because it was buzzing with enemies.

@ Droid803: I have nothing to defend or build upon on that post. Apart from the fact that both our theories have a theme of collecting something.

@ Steel prophet: They required blowing up a star, so they chose capella because it was buzzing with enemies.

That does only make sense, if they wanted to hurt the GTVA with the supernova and not only to "collect energy". But still they could have avioded a lot of fighting if they just blew up Gamma Draconis.

@ Colonol Dekker: If you task an entire power supply for a city block for a time to one task, the lights might go off (you see that in movies, all the power is absorbed or focused to the task of creating a monster). If you focused as mutch power as possible into a task, it's a bit useless to leave glowing red blips on the ship because they look good. They might actually be where excess power is used (into pulsing red lights), but when they do their task, they flick off.
Not likely. Look at the cutscene again. To me, it seems like they switched from 'normal mode' to 'star destroyer mode'. The red stuff might be the Shivan version of energy transport and/or storage. I don't know why they left it uprotected like that though...

@ FreeSpaceFreak: Think of the fighting warships of the shivans as hounds. They protect the task going on (like building a building) and chase away thieves and other stuff. But they aren't worth that much (comparibly). When the task is in more trouble, a worker or other human comes in to sort it out (eg, juggernaut jumps in to take out collie). The losses, according to my theory, were minimal to the shivans, because there were so many of them. The juggernaut getting destroyed was not that minimal though.
Possible.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Not likely. Look at the cutscene again. To me, it seems like they switched from 'normal mode' to 'star destroyer mode'. The red stuff might be the Shivan version of energy transport and/or storage. I don't know why they left it uprotected like that though...
Likely, actually. They go black. They look dead. They are in 'dead mode.' Some jump, some go black and die.

Offline Droid803

Those look like power grid failures or something to me. (which equates to toasty saths)
(´・ω・`)

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
@ Steel Prophet: The fighting was no nusance. And if they blew up capella, then blew up gamma draconis, they'd get twice as much energy (well, two stars worth) as well as blowing apart their enemy.

@ FreespaceFreak: I like that actually, from 'normal mode' to 'destroyer mode,' maybe cause it supports an element of my theory. But thinking over it, the red stuff doesn't seem like special juggernaut stuff, cause pretty much all the shivan ships have it. Maybe it is storage, or maybe it's just a shivan marker, maybe it's an organic substance that grows on the shivan metal and when the juggernauts did there thing, it died, or maybe it's the same as my origianal theory and it can go any colour and red suits the shivan armada. Could be any of those things, or another.

@ Snail: I disagree, well, if this theory stands up i do. They are not dead, but is a state that is abnormal, under the surface, their working away at a job. Just because the body lies still, doesn't mean it's dead, it could be mending a wound, or filing memories as it sleeps.

@ Droid803: Maybe, maybe not. Plausible. But my theory states not toasty saths.

@ FreespaceFreak: I like that actually, from 'normal mode' to 'destroyer mode,' maybe cause it supports an element of my theory. But thinking over it, the red stuff doesn't seem like special juggernaut stuff, cause pretty much all the shivan ships have it. Maybe it is storage, or maybe it's just a shivan marker, maybe it's an organic substance that grows on the shivan metal and when the juggernauts did there thing, it died, or maybe it's the same as my origianal theory and it can go any colour and red suits the shivan armada. Could be any of those things, or another.

@ Snail: I disagree, well, if this theory stands up i do. They are not dead, but is a state that is abnormal, under the surface, their working away at a job. Just because the body lies still, doesn't mean it's dead, it could be mending a wound, or filing memories as it sleeps.

@ Droid803: Maybe, maybe not. Plausible. But my theory states not toasty saths.
Those who remained behind can't possibly have survived a nova. No way. NOTHING (not even a small planet) can survive a nova.

@ Steel Prophet: The fighting was no nusance. And if they blew up capella, then blew up gamma draconis, they'd get twice as much energy (well, two stars worth) as well as blowing apart their enemy.

They could also have blown up Gamma Draconis and then Capella, giving them the same amount of energy. Your theory is not bad at all, but it doesn't make sense to me, that they ignored a star, fought their way to another and blew that one up.

Offline Killer Whale

• Oh no, not again.
@ Steel Prophet: If they spent time novaing gamma draconis, the terrans would of probably completely evacuated capella, and perhaps of cut of gamma draconis from capella and all would be saved, far less damage to the terrans.

@ Freespacefreak: How long does it take for a nova to blow something up? A minute, two, 10 seconds? I dunno. I'm saying that these juggernauts are extremely heat resistant, and the armour is so thick, conventional weaponry takes ages to penetrate it. Think of the space shuttle columbia. It's tiles are super heat resistant that they can stop the ship burning up in the atmosphere, a piece of blimmin piece of foam punched through the wing and when the shuttle reentered the atmosphere, it widened the hole and the ship burned up. What if the material of the juggernauts is on ratio to this, you can blow it with beams and it lasts, but it's many times more tough when putting it to heat. It only needs a few minutes before it jumps, could it survive? (bear in mind, i do not know how strong a nova is)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:58:05 pm by Killer Whale »

Offline Droid803

Not to mention that if they sealed the Gamma Drac node, the Shivies wouldn't get to use Capella at all...
(´・ω・`)

@ Freespacefreak: How long does it take for a nova to blow something up? A minute, two, 10 seconds? I dunno. I'm saying that these juggernauts are extremely heat resistant, and the armour is so thick, conventional weaponry takes ages to penetrate it. Think of the space shuttle columbia. It's tiles are super heat resistant that they can stop the ship burning up in the atmosphere, a piece of blimmin piece of foam punched through the wing and when the shuttle reentered the atmosphere, it widened the hole and the ship burned up. What if the material of the juggernauts is on ratio to this, you can blow it with beams and it lasts, but it's many times more tough when putting it to heat. It only needs a few minutes before it jumps, could it survive? (bear in mind, i do not know how strong a nova is)
If the heat didn't kill them, the other effects did. They're not planets, you know.

And they did look 'dead'. They didn't look like they were still able to jump out.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
But the Juggernauts that stayed were powered down...............(all black, no glowmaps etc)

And shivans don't watch TV because they have no acting ability :p

You know shivans have a flare for the over dramatic.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The fact that they disintegrate/disappear after the supernova explodes seems to me like they were toasted.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Those who remained behind can't possibly have survived a nova. No way. NOTHING (not even a small planet) can survive a nova.

The core of the progenitor star survives. And how do you know NOTHING can? (It would still be there, just vaporized, but that's not the point.)

The fact that they disintegrate/disappear after the supernova explodes seems to me like they were toasted.

The Deimos and Moloch survived the 1st 'wave', they only got shattered by the 2nd 'wave'. We don't know whether the Sathanes left behind were toast - for all we know our view of them could just have been masked by the nova.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Deimos and Moloch survived the 1st 'wave', they only got shattered by the 2nd 'wave'. We don't know whether the Sathanes left behind were toast - for all we know our view of them could just have been masked by the nova.
The fact that it vaporized a planet makes me think it could easily destroy a 6km juggernaut. :rolleyes:

Nothing can survive a supernova.