Author Topic: Will Halo 2 Work with XP?  (Read 5432 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will Halo 2 Work with XP?
I know this may not be the best place to post this but will HALO2 actualy work in WinXp ?  If so can i expect any sort of errr...you know windows stuff to happen ?

Will there be a Halo 3 for PC? What req's are tehre for Halo 2 since i was able to play Crysis on my pc with above medium setting for vid details. They were not the highest but were pretty well above medium i would say high not THE highest since i had to take out i believe 2 setting for the vid details and put them on medium.

EDIT  - Unknown Target: Since Halo threads are always one step away between turning from a legit discussion into a bash fest, I've split this off from the storyline discussion thread. It's not offensive in any way, it's just off topic for that thread.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:36:38 pm by Unknown Target »
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Re: Will Halo 2 Work with XP?
Halo 2 officially only works on Vista, but there exists a patch that allows XP to play it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Haven't heard about a Halo 3 for PC but I see no reason why it won't happen eventually.  If it were to happen I'd expect it in the next year to year and a half.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Halo 2 officially only works on Vista, but there exists a patch that allows XP to play it.

Yeah i got it with my Vista PC, and a bloody x-box dashboard popped up with achievements of all things :mad:

I don't want an x-box pc, i want an x-box, and a pc. not some bastard hybrid.... :(
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Isn't an Xbox just a limited PC anyway?

Meh, I generally just ignore achievements. Don't understand what the big deal is about them.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
They prove competence skill and on-line venerabilty. Either that or they're just console e-penii.
You choose lol.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I had Halo 2 on the XP I think, I seem to recall the controls were absolute ****e, you had to keep on picking up the mouse and moving it, even at full sensitivity. Ended up giving up on it.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I plugged my 360 control in, and Halo 2 switches to an identical control system to the console, complete with on screen icon change.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So basicly Halo2 will give me head hurts on a PC is that correct?
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Not if the pc can handle it.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I had Halo 2 on the XP I think, I seem to recall the controls were absolute ****e, you had to keep on picking up the mouse and moving it, even at full sensitivity. Ended up giving up on it.
I don't know about Halo 2, but the original Halo's PC port controlled the same as any other FPS I've tried.  I'd imagine there was some sort of sensitivity bug at work if the controls for the second were as bad as you experienced.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yeah, Halo 1 was fine for controls, but Halo 2 felt like you were controlling the turret on a tank.

I plugged my 360 control in, and Halo 2 switches to an identical control system to the console, complete with on screen icon change.

That may be the answer to be honest, makes sense all things considered.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well my pc can handle HALO2 if it can handle Crysis . Now all i have to do is get the version for XP cuz i scraped Vista and upgraded to XP a while back.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Make certain you check for the Gravemind fix on that page. Fix 2 worked perfectly for me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well i managed to get Halo 2 to work on my PC . Was a bit dissapointed by the graphics . Also the gameplay is rather linear and iritating at times. It kinda lacks the thrill of the first one. At least there it was a kinda sense of tension and danger around you. Also had mouse problems. Actualy not mouse problems since my mouse is working just fine.
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Am I the only one who has never had a problem with Halo 1 or 2 on pc? I prefer the pc versions over the Xbox versions. As for Halo 3, there is no doubt it will come to pc. I am guessing it will come out between mid 2009 and mid 2010. I am willing to wait for that instead of getting a 360. Unless I win one I have no plans of getting one. No red rings of death for me.

Well i managed to get Halo 2 to work on my PC . Was a bit dissapointed by the graphics . Also the gameplay is rather linear and iritating at times. It kinda lacks the thrill of the first one. At least there it was a kinda sense of tension and danger around you. Also had mouse problems. Actualy not mouse problems since my mouse is working just fine.

Well as one review said, Halo 2 as an FPS is pretty damn dated compared to PC standards when it finally hit the shelves.

Am I the only one who has never had a problem with Halo 1 or 2 on pc? I prefer the pc versions over the Xbox versions. As for Halo 3, there is no doubt it will come to pc. I am guessing it will come out between mid 2009 and mid 2010. I am willing to wait for that instead of getting a 360. Unless I win one I have no plans of getting one. No red rings of death for me.

Halo PC multiplayer > Xbox Live (horrendous netcode aside)

Seriously. I've had FAR more fun on Halo PC's multi than I ever had on XBL. XBL is populated by a bunch of vulgar, whiny, cheating preteens. Who are not so present on Halo 1's multiplayer.

Oh, yeah, and its free. None of this ridiculous pay-extra-for-online nonsense.

Halo PC multiplayer > Xbox Live (horrendous netcode aside)

Seriously. I've had FAR more fun on Halo PC's multi than I ever had on XBL. XBL is populated by a bunch of vulgar, whiny, cheating preteens. Who are not so present on Halo 1's multiplayer.

Oh, yeah, and its free. None of this ridiculous pay-extra-for-online nonsense.

You talking about Halo1? I was considering picking it up for the PC until I saw that Halo2 was Vista only. Maybe it's worth getting after all even if multiplayer doesn't really do it for me anymore. (or at least modern multiplayer doesn't)