Author Topic: Will Halo 2 Work with XP?  (Read 5440 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Re: Will Halo 2 Work with XP?
Halo 1 is full of lecherous cretins. Not to mention the game is stupid easy if you're coming from any of the better PC shooters (UT fans, if you're anything like me, it'll be like you're moving in slow motion).

And I heard Halo 2 multiplayer kept the auto-aim in for the PC version on the cross-platform multiplayer! So that might be the source of your "mouse problems"?

Halo 1 is full of lecherous cretins. Not to mention the game is stupid easy if you're coming from any of the better PC shooters (UT fans, if you're anything like me, it'll be like you're moving in slow motion).

And I heard Halo 2 multiplayer kept the auto-aim in for the PC version on the cross-platform multiplayer! So that might be the source of your "mouse problems"?

Why games even have auto-aim is beyond me. People need to get some hand-eye co-ordination. I'm not sure about most games, but I had to bump up the difficulty on FEAR to the top level before I started dying on any regular basis.

I heard Halo2 multi had auto-aim for the consoles to give them some handicap against the mouse-using PC guys.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
It's just present on consoles because precise aiming is very difficult without some degree of auto-aim. It's a mechanical disadvantage of analog sticks as opposed to mice.

Also, Halo 2 console couldn't cross-play with Halo 2 Vista, so that wasn't the issue.

It's just present on consoles because precise aiming is very difficult without some degree of auto-aim. It's a mechanical disadvantage of analog sticks as opposed to mice.

Also, Halo 2 console couldn't cross-play with Halo 2 Vista, so that wasn't the issue.

Uh, I'm pretty sure it can. I specifically remember reading a review about Halo 2 and how the Consoles get auto-aim to counter the mouse advantage. Also how Halo 2, as a PC shooter, was very dated.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Nope, it's just that you can use the Xbox 360 controller with the PC version, and you get a bit of autoaim to help you out.

It won't crossplay with the Xbox or Xbox 360 consoles.

I believe the complaints about datedness were quite valid -- it came out a couple years later on the PC. (Two? Three?)

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
lol... what i cant beleave is microsoft didnt cut down the graphics so it could run on xp... you will need freeking alienware desktops to make it run on xp.
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
o.O  Halo 2 on XP, video install guideAnother... there are more, I'm sure one will work for you.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:39:19 am by jr2 »

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
lol... what i cant beleave is microsoft didnt cut down the graphics so it could run on xp... you will need freeking alienware desktops to make it run on xp.

My Pentium 4 Northwood 2,5 GHz (single core!) + 1 GByte RDRAM handled it fine.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Holy **** that page is FULL of viruses dude
EDIT: The fallingleafsystems one

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
What AV are you running, and are its definitions up to date?

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
What AV are you running, and are its definitions up to date?

AVG, Obviously... I got rid of them now, but I recomend taking that page down >_>

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Or you could build your own for 3/4 the price.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Just downloaded all the stuff on their site, and scanned with AVG 8.0.1, all definitions up to date.  No viruses found.  You aren't clicking on ads, are you?  The real links are on the top right.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Just downloaded all the stuff on their site, and scanned with AVG 8.0.1, all definitions up to date.  No viruses found.  You aren't clicking on ads, are you?  The real links are on the top right.

I didn't click anything except the link itself O_o