Author Topic: Weapons! We need YOUR help!  (Read 46962 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: Weapons! We need YOUR help!
Shouldn't be too hard to optimize.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Couldn't be better.
It could be better with FIRE.

I decided to have a go at making the MX-50.

What do you think?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

:borat: VERY NICE! :/borat:
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The Sol: A History upgrade doesn't have anything neat in it...
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
The Avenger and Prometheus. Missiles too. All from Earth Defence. And you can't see anything good in the tech room, you have to see it in-game.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
I'm poking through the data files and I don't see anything of higher quality than we already have.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Why don't you try to look at it ingame ?  :wtf:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
because if there's nothing in the data files, there wouldn't be anything in-game...

but ok, if you insist.

Galemp, do you want the MX-50?

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Of course!

Here it is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
And here's your reward!!

Thanks, Admiral Cheater, you've done us a great service. This is a taste of things to come, now that the Karnak is done.

I'm working on new textures for all the missiles so you don't actually have to worry about colorizing anything-- all I need is the plain ol' mesh. If you can take on any more missiles, I'll make animations from them and you'll have earned your name in the credits. :)

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
But you really need to start using the HTL Lucifer in FSPort...

P.S. Add the particle spew for the Prometheus. The one that's used in Earth Defence Demo, unless they mind. And the Avenger effect in it looks good too.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
That's all stuff for the FSPort Media VP. And if there's cool stuff I don't know about (Earth Defense Demo?), show me where I can get it!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
And here's your reward!!
What codec does it use? VLC won't play it.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Use Windows Media player. Sorry, it's the only one I'm certain everyone can play.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
You can get some good effects from Earth Defence Demo. Which you can get from FreeSpaceMods.

I gave the Harbinger a shot. What do you think?

[attachment deleted by admin]